Transfer from Fiumicino to Civitavecchia

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11th, 2017, 11:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will arrive into Fiumicino from Malta at 7:25 p.m. on the evening we are are to board our cruise ship in Civitavecchia. I am looking for a reliable transfer. Found Civitavecchia Cab Service and 23 rome Limo service on line. Former gets widely varying reviews and latter only has 5 reviews, so I an hopeful that some "trusted travelers" from this board will share with me the names of any good transfer/limo companies they have used to exit Fiumicino during their travels. Thanks for any recommendations you can provide.
Old Nov 11th, 2017, 11:38 AM

Julie,
We used AirportTaxiTransfers.com last May. I believe we paid 100 euros for private transfer for 2. Excellent service, punctual, friendly driver. They have a cheaper shared van transfer but until 2:00 or so. Our flight arrived after 4:00 pm.
Old Nov 12th, 2017, 02:38 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Treesa. I've done a lot of checking on the web but I always like a fodors rec and especially one that's up to date. Appreciate your response.
Old Nov 14th, 2017, 04:56 PM

What time is your ship leaving? Even with a private driver you will be hard pressed to be on board much before 10pm or potentially later.
Old Nov 18th, 2017, 08:56 AM
Original Poster

Thanks fmpden for the concern. We don't leave until the evening of the day after we board, so we should be fine. I'm just wondering what kind of problems we might have boarding late on boarding day. Looks like the worst that might happen is that we won't be able to dine in one of the ships restaurants but may have to order room service or go to bed hungry (or eat in Malta before taking off for Rome)--and we may get shut out of reservations for specialty dining and thus be able to dine in those restaurants only if we stake them out for cancellations. Nothing earth shattering.

But your warning tells me not to get too excited about trying to get to the ship in time for dinner. Looks like that's highly unlikely so we'll just relax and keep any angst at bay.
Old Nov 18th, 2017, 08:12 PM

I have used Bob's Limo a few times and the service was good. It's just that it didn't sound Italian ...
Old Nov 27th, 2017, 06:19 PM

Looks at your time line. You are scheduled to arrive at 1925 (7.25) Probability of being on time - ??? Towards the end of the day airline tend to get behind schedule. You need at least 30 mins to get your checked luggage so it is now 2000 or later if not on time. Give yourself another 30 mins for a restroom stop, get to the front of the terminal and find your driver, etc. With a little luck you be out of the airport by 2030. It is about an hour drive to Civit..., so you will arrive at the port entrance about 2130 plus or minus a few minutes.

Now the question is how do you get to your ship? During normal hours there is an internal shuttle bus that will take you to your ship's check-in point. I doubt if it is running at ten o'clock at night. I don't know if the taxi would be allowed to take you to your ship or not. You need to ask your cruise ship how to get from the port entrance to your ship. You cannot walk it.

You will have missed most meal service but if a number of passengers are arriving late perhaps they will make arrangements. On all of our cruises the cafeteria will open around 2330 for a late snack. The big midnight buffets are long gone from cruises lines. So food service may be very limited.

I think you need to have a discussion with your cruise line as to how the late arrival will be handled and especially getting to the ship from the port entrance.

Good luck.
Old Nov 30th, 2017, 04:55 AM
Original Poster

fmpden, thank you so much for all the calculations and good advice. I will definitely be in touch with my ship.
Old Jan 30th, 2018, 11:43 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for recommendation

Just back from our cruise and wanted to thank Treesa for her advice on Airport Taxi Transfers. They were great. Easy to find, nice car, good driver. We slept all the way from the airport to the ship. Smooth sailing. Really appreciate the tip.
Old Jan 30th, 2018, 07:09 PM

Thanks, Julie. They did a great job for us, too. So glad you had a good experience.