Miami Airport to Coral Gables to Cruise Terminal

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for advice on transportation from Miami Airport to hotel in Coral Gables and one day later, from hotel to Miami cruiseport. What would you recommend as the best way to do this? Thank you.
Old Nov 25th, 2008, 11:49 AM

We had a similar itinerary about two years ago.

We rented a car from Hertz at the airport, drove to our hotel, used the car to go out to dinner, and returned it at the Hertz near the cruise pier.

With careful timing, and a little luck, we had a one day rental and it was less costly than taxis.

Most importantly, there is a free shuttle from Hertz to all the ships; it takes less than 5 minutes to get to the cruise pier.
Old Nov 25th, 2008, 05:20 PM

The simplest is to stay right at the Airport. Miami has a hotel in the airport. http://miahotel.miami-airport.com/

Or there are plenty of hotels that should have free shuttles to the hotel. If you stay in downtown Miami, then you will be real close to the port and a taxi ride shouldn't cost you to much. You could even call the hotels in the area and see if one has a shuttle to the port.
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 06:42 AM

In Miami, Super Shuttle is also reliable and may be cheaper than a taxi for 2 (check rates ... I'm not sure of that). But I think a rental car is a good idea and makes sense if you want to go out to dinner somewhere other than at your hotel.

I don't really see the advantage in staying at the airport hotel if you are taking a cruise; it's expensive and fairly mediocre.
Old Nov 28th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your suggestions. We are already booked at the Hyatt Regency in Coral Gables so staying at the airport would not be an option for us. I believe that the hotel is within walking distance of shops and restaurants. Please correct me if I am wrong. We will look at both car rentals and Super Shuttle to see which would work better for us. Again thanks so much for taking time to answer my questions.
Old Nov 30th, 2008, 07:01 AM

Also consider if the hotel charges for parking. That would increase the cost of the rental-car option, and that's always a possibility at a city hotel.
Old Dec 5th, 2008, 11:41 AM

We stayed at the Hyatt & they do charge to park the car. It was about a $15 cabfare to the hotel & yes, it is within walking distance of lots of restaurants & shops.
Old Dec 5th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all so much for your help. We will be arriving in Miami on New Year's Day and will be staying at the Hyatt one night pre-cruise and two nights post-cruise. We appreciate your responses. Thanks again.