Mazatlan, Cabo, and PV help!

Jan 11th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Original Poster

Mazatlan, Cabo, and PV help!

Hello, all! We will be leaving on our first Mexican Riviera cruise on HAL on 2/16, and I am trying to plan activities for our POCs. In PV, we want to do the zip line canopy tour, and then get a couple's massage at the Krystal and watch the sunset. My questions are these:

1. Which company do you recommend for the canopy tour?
2. Can someone please explain the time to me? From what I've read, it seems that PV (and possibly all the ports?) are on a different time than the ship.
3. The options available for the massage are 5:00 p.m. and 6:30. We plan take a morning canopy tour, that puts us back in the early afternoon, say around 2-3), and then we hang around town and the pool at the Krystal. Do you know what time (locally) the sun sets mid-February? I don't want to be getting the massage and miss it! The cruise doesn't leave until 10, so that's not an issue.
4. Is it easy to get on and off the cruise, say if we want to shower after the canopy tour?

I have a relatively short time in both Cabo and Mazatlan. We don't want to spend too much, but we want to see the best these locations have to offer. What are your "must see/dos" in these locations?

If it helps, we are a married couple in our mid/late twenties who enjoy hiking, history, and good food/drink!

TIA!
Jan 13th, 2008, 07:38 AM
lhp

Hubby and oldest son did the Los De Vernos Canopy tour in PV and it was amazing (also quite a bit cheaper than the ship's tour). Yes, PV may be an hour ahead of the ship... so I would book a 11AM appointment. That gives you time to dock, get off the ship and take a taxi to their office. (about $3 each for the taxi to their office...they provide the transportation the rest of the way) NO credit card info required to hold the reservation (I like that) and you can pay in cash or with a CC (3-5% surcharge to use the CC, so we paid cash) I think (this was in 2006) it was about $75.00 each and that included everything except the taxi to and from their office downtown.

They have 14 posts and not a lot of walking (some at the very beginning but not a 45 minute HIKE UP the mountain at the end like the ship tour).

It is owned by an American and they do an excellent job.

You can have the taxi just drop you off at the Krystal Resort on your way back and you will be able to walk back to the ship from there.

My youngest son and I walked to Krystal from the ship and back while we were there.

If you book an 11AM Canopy Tour (if you ship's arrival fits into that) then you should be done and back to Krystal by 2pm. Hubby and son were back at the ship by 2:30pm but they stayed and swam some at the little river that is at the Canopy place.

Mazatlan is where the 4 of us did Randi's horses. Again, reservations can be booked online and no CC required. She only accepts cash. It was $45 per person in 2006 (it may have gone up some). You get to see a little of the town as she provides all the transportation from the ship and back. You actually ride on the beach on Stone Island. (about an hour of horseback riding) You see a lot of the area as you go and come back. She picks you up right at the pier. She is from California and is a hoot. We loved it.

Cabo was just a beach day for us. We grabbed a water taxi for $2 each and they dropped us off at Mango's for the day. Remember that water taxis do NOT dock at piers...they just let you off at the beach so make sure you wear shoes you can slip off if you don't want to get them wet.

Have a great time!!

Jan 14th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much! We are all booked on the Los Veranos canopy tour (though they are trying to get me to pay in full two weeks before I get there... we'll see how that works out).

Your response was much appreciated!
Jan 31st, 2008, 11:33 AM

lhp~great choice for Cabo! I have a timeshare in Cabo and usually spend at least one afternoon at the Mango Deck. It's right on the beach, has great drinks and entertainment (Big Johnson is a kick in the pants!). You can sit at a table with your toes in the sand and people watch, arrange for parasailing, banana boating or jet skis right there on the beach, get your hair braided..........I'm also going in Feb, and can't wait!!!

Search this Thread