We are cruising on the Paul Gaughin in July. Most of the stops are easy to figure out what to do and how to accomplish it. But Nuka Hiva and Rangiroa have us stumped. I am told that Nuka Hiva is beautiful but it is difficult if not impossible to get around the island on our own. The cruise ship excursion is useless. Does anyone have any suggestions for a tour operator or local who could show us around and speaks English?
Rangiroa also is challenging. We arrive the first day at Noon and leave the following day at Noon, so basically 2 half days. Any ideas of ways to get the most out of the 2 days? I have heard that snorkeling is fabulous there but there may be a lot of current. Are there any local operators that could provide a not-too-scary experience?
Thanks as always for your advice
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 HIGH QUALITY UNDETECTABLE COUNTERFEIT BANKNOTES FOR SALE
- 2 Flight Back to US after Transatlantic Cruise
- 3 Need help European Cruise -viking Ocean Cruise Barcelona to Rome
- 4 Vking Mediterrnean Odyssey Ocean Cruises by Viking
- 5 Vking Ocean Cruises 2019?
- 6 Help! RCCL AOS
- 7 Cabin choices
- 8 Hotel -Miami before cruise
- 9 ALASKAN CRUISE
- 10 Viking changes itinerary
- 11 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 12 Danube River Cruise - agent
- 13 Rhine River or Mosel Cruise info
- 14 Take it when you see it
- 15 Travel time needed from Basel to Zurich airport?
- 16 Choosing a first cruise
- 17 Almost serious
- 18 Did it! Booked!
- 19 Beaches from cruise
- 20 Antarctica Quark Expedition Travel Report
- 21 Scenic cruise advice
- 22 Time to Explore St Petersburg
- 23 Transfer from Fiumicino to Civitavecchia
- 24 Antarctica Cruise--Zegrahm or Lindblad and time to go
- 25 Parking for Celebrity