Majesty of the Seas to Bahamas. Has anyone been on this cruise recently

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2004, 07:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone been on the Majesty of the Seas to Bahamas recently. We are going the end of October. I was wondering what there will be to do in Key West. We were there years ago. Any fun excursions?
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 05:30 AM

We went on the Sovereign , the sister ship. I thought it was old, the gym was terrible, the food was substandard and the entertainment wasn't too great. I've sailed 10 RCCL cruises and this was my least favorite. If you want to take a good short cruise, do the Enchantment. It's a much nicer ship with better amenities and a great staff.
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 09:34 PM

We'll be doing the Majesty of the Seas Oct. 25th sailing for our 2nd time. We'll be renewing our wedding vows on our 10 year anniversary with 15 family members. We did our first cruise ever on this ship 3ish years ago which turned us on to cruising. my parents did this itinerary late Feb this year. We all had a great time.

In Key West we did the trolley tour and the aquarium - lots of fun. This year we will do the historic walking tour. Any ?'s just ask Have a great trip!
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 12:45 PM

Hey daisyf:

Sailed the Majesty back in Feb with a group of girls. It was just one week after the ship had a small kitchen fire at the Windjammer. RCCL had the Windjammer was back up and running by the time we boarded and if I hadn't heard about it I would have never known. Had a great time with the girls & other cruisers.

I think the Majesty was taken out of commission for a short period this year for a overhaul..but I'm not 100% sure. Check cruisecritic.com..You'll find all the answers you need.
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 06:01 PM

Just back from a 3 night on it this past weekend. We had a nice time. We prefer the Enchantment but it was good for a nice getaway. Food was good. CocoCay was the best. In Key West take the snokeling trip that offers the rum punch for a good time.
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 04:33 PM

Jpg we were on the same cruise. Yes Coco Cay was great. We brought our own snorkeling equip but had to rent a vest of which I talked the guy into two for one! Anyway I have been on about 12 cruises, the majesty being my first with RCCL and I was impressed with the service. After reading some of the negative posts I was hesitant about the food but the night they had filet mignon I doubted they could cook it to order but my medium rare was perfect! Was not hounded for tips like on Carnival and debarkation was painless. They offered full breakfast and sitcoms in the theatre till 10am. Unlike Carnival when we felt like they were done with you and just wanted you off the ship. Overall I was impressed. Have fun!!!