Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Maasdam or Enchantment of the Seas or ELSE WHAT?

Feb 15th, 2002, 02:29 PM
Elizabeth

Hi, since the Panama Canal trip with Princess's Royal Princess is out with info of the older ship and humid unenjoyable ports we are searching for an alternitive trip. Got prices from two that are going that week in May that we need and what to know if anyone has done these ships lately, Holland is going to the Eastern Carib. and R. C. is going to the western Carib. Did Princess to the Caribbean two years in a row and although enjoyable would like to try something different and a different cruise line-time is running out-help!!!

Feb 18th, 2002, 12:56 PM
Andy

ELizabeth- Why don't you try Celebrity?
The Century is a fabulous ship with outstanding service and the Zenith is super nice also--

Food on Celebrity is far superior than Princess-- I think you might like it!

Also you can't go wrong with HAL-- they are a super good line also!

Feb 18th, 2002, 04:35 PM
Elizabeth

Thanks Andy, have you been on the Holland lines, espceially the Maasdam? How is the age group? We are in the 45-60 yr. crowd. I agree last year on Princess the food quality did go down from the previous year we sailed but the ship was beautiful.

Feb 18th, 2002, 08:42 PM
April

I enjoyed the ports of call on the Panama Canal trip we took on the Maasdam. My husband said he'd never seen so many old people on a cruise ship though and wondered if it had to do with being a Panama trip. However, I don't know why this worries people, as if oldness might be a contagious disease. Some of them were a laugh.

I liked the Maasdam alot. Although I thought the service on the Celebrity Infinity was far superior (but the entertainment inferior) and I liked it too, I felt more at home on the Maasdam. Maybe it's just the decor and finishing - a quality-looking ship.

Feb 19th, 2002, 05:32 AM
Elizabeth

Thanks April, I have till tomorrow to make a final deposit on one of these trips. I wasn't concerned so much about the older people just what the entertainment would be geared to, such as 70-80's mucic or big band dancing, etc. Still wondering if anyone has sailed on Enchantment-haven't heard anything about it.