Less on water more on land

Feb 8th, 2007, 05:26 AM
Original Poster

Less on water more on land

I hated our cruise experience because i would preffer to spend more time on Bahamas and less on a ship plus i am not fan of 'funny walking' especially with a food on my hands. My husband is ok with cruising.
Kids loved it and can't wait to do it again.
What should I do?
We sailed with NCL to Bahamas.
Is there any ships that are minimum time on a water and maximum time docked so we can actually enjoy our point of destination?
Thanks
Feb 8th, 2007, 06:04 AM

Malina,

There are many itineraries on a 7 day cruise where only one day is at sea, the rest are on dock. I would suggest going to a site that sells cruises, or the actual web site (rccl.com) and it will tell you the schedule for that specific date. I know celebrity Summit has a 7 day out of PR which is only day at sea. So does princess. (I am speaking of the Carribean right now.) It is very easy to search and find out the schedules. Some sites www.crucon.com and www.bestdeals.com www.cruise-n-more.com They will always show you the itinerary. These ships sail mostly at night and are at different islands in the day. Good luck.
Feb 8th, 2007, 06:33 AM

I think M wants a cruise with fewer ports but more time in them. If so none that I know of.
Feb 8th, 2007, 07:04 AM
katybird

NCL shows 2 days at some of the Hawaiian Islands. They used to have a Bermuda cruise with one or 2 ports but I don't see it now.

Feb 8th, 2007, 07:07 AM
katybird

Another thought..What about a river cruise? At least you would see SOMETHING other than water!

Feb 8th, 2007, 07:45 AM

I guess I mis-understood. On some of those Caribbean cruises they show Aruba for 2 entire days. Is that what she means?? That is a rarity. I also think the Bermuda cruises stay put in Bermuda.
Feb 8th, 2007, 07:57 AM
katybird

For clarification...NCL does do Bermuda with just St. George...just found it. I thought I had read somewhere it was gone. How nice!

Feb 8th, 2007, 08:18 AM

What is "funny walking"?
Feb 8th, 2007, 08:26 AM

Does she mean fanny walking?
Feb 8th, 2007, 08:29 AM

I think she means when you get off a ship you are still "a-swaying" somewhat. Not sure about the "food on my hands.(??)"
Feb 8th, 2007, 01:27 PM

Try the Southern Caribbean on Adventure of the Seas. Great for the kids, a really nice ship and a new and beautiful port every day.
Feb 8th, 2007, 01:59 PM

Maybe she meant smuggling food off-shore