Is Dunn's River Falls Worth Doing?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2003, 03:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will be taking the Brilliance of the Seas 10 Day Cruise in April. The ship stops in Montego Bay for the day. Am considering doing Dunn's River Falls and then relaxings at a nearby resort hotel on the way back to Montego Bay either the Ritz, Half-Moon or Wyndam Rose Hall? How much time do you need to climb the Falls and is it really that special with throngs of people? Other possibly would be to go to Negril to a resort and just relax and swim? Have never been to a Beaches Resort and am someone curious. Would love to get feedback.
Old Feb 28th, 2003, 07:13 PM

I would not classify Dunn River falls as a must do. It was fun and pretty but very crowded and you are just herded up the falls. I haven't stopped in Montego Bay, we ported in Ocho Rios, so I can't comment on the beaches.
Old Mar 1st, 2003, 07:00 AM

Hi there, It is 2 hours each way to Dunns River Falls. It is fun but i would recomend doing something closer to Montego Bay such as Martha Brae River Rafting. I just would not want to spend the whole day on the bus.
Old Mar 2nd, 2003, 06:41 AM

In my opinion it's not worth doing. It's nice to see but as one of the other posters mentioned it's far too crowded. If you were docking in Ochio Rios (and be prepared, your ship might change port as mine just did). My favourite thing to do in Jamaica is river tubing.
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 09:41 AM

Dunn's River was fun for us, but we docked in Ocho and took the first transport there. If you don't, you're stuck behind hordes of people and have to wait a long time to make any progress. Not worth it!
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 11:07 AM

If your ship were docking in Ocho Rios, I would recommend Dunn's River. It is a part of what I consider the Jamaican cruise experience. However, since your ship is docking in Montego Bay, you will spend a total of 4 hours on a bus.<BR><BR>There are actually falls closer to Montego Bay than Dunn's. They are called Mayfield Falls. A private tour operator that is supposed to be very good called Carolyn Barrett goes there. <BR><BR>I am sailing on the Conquest and will be docking in Montego Bay in July. I have seen Dunn's River seveal times. It is a beautiful set of falls but can be very crowded. I plan to spend much of my time in Negril with Carolyn Barrett. Negril has one of the top rated beaches in the Caribbean. Do a search for her on a search engine and e-mail her. She will send you a list of many great things to do in the Montego Bay area.<BR><BR>Good Luck