Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Cruises (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/)
-   -   Interest in alternative shore excursions in Victoria BC? pub crawl? (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/interest-in-alternative-shore-excursions-in-victoria-bc-pub-crawl-888269/)

Jason_G_Victoria Apr 26th, 2011 10:10 AM

Interest in alternative shore excursions in Victoria BC? pub crawl?

Hi! Long-time Victoria resident familiar with all the standard tourist activities here. My wife has been thinking of starting a business, and we'd love to show people some aspects of Victoria that don't usually get covered by the normal tourist routes.

In particular, we're thinking of something along the lines of a pub crawl (we did an excellent one in Munich for Oktoberfest last year and Victoria has some excellent brew pubs) or "diners and dives".

I know the stops in Victoria are usually brief, but is this something that anyone would be interested in? like to hear any feedback especially as we start getting the great Summer weather.

justwishin Apr 26th, 2011 05:22 PM

Well, I wouldn't go to Victoria without going to Buchart Gardens, but guess that has been done. Personally, I would not spend a minute in beautiful Victoria in a pub, nor do the trolly (takes too long), but would appreciate a private tour with someone to pick us up and take us around--is this any sort of feedback..? And the bed and breakfast, bike tours, etc.

abram Apr 27th, 2011 03:49 AM

We enjoy small, private guided tours, but not a pub crawl.

KVR Apr 27th, 2011 08:16 AM

Since most cruise ships get to Victoria at 6pm or later and stay 3-5 hours, the Buchart Gardens is really not a feasible option.

The ships offer a pub crawl excursion. I wasn't to interested in that since we will be with my elderly parents. I would also like a private tour of the area that can be done within the time constraints and the darkenss of the evening hours.

LibbyRogers Jul 10th, 2014 07:36 AM

Hi Jason,

I know this post was a long time ago. However, I will be on an Alaskan cruise with 34 of my family members the first week of August and I'm trying to arrange an excellent pub tour! Victoria is our last night's stop and we would love a personal walking/pub tour by a local! I'm not sure if you have done something like this or would be able to show us all around? We will be in Victoria on Friday, August 8. Please email me at [email protected] if you receive this.

Thank you!

TeresaOndrejcak Jul 12th, 2015 10:19 AM

We will be on an Alaskan cruise and visiting Victoria on Saturday August 1, 2015 and would like to participate in a private pub crawl tour for a party of 9. If this is a tour you are currently offering can you please email me at [email protected]

Thank You

janisj Jul 12th, 2015 11:17 AM

TeresaOndrejcak: Welcome to Fodors . . . Jason never posted again after this one and only four+ years ago.

(This one is pretty innocent, but leaving your e-mail address on a public forum might not be the best idea . . . )