Info wanted about Alaska 2008

Mar 22nd, 2007, 01:15 PM
Original Poster

Info wanted about Alaska 2008

We are planning a cruise for August 2008 and decided to go to Alaska. We want to port in and out of Seattle, since we live in Spokane now we will just drive there and leave our vehicle at the port.
We are a family of 5 (kids will be 6,6,and 4). My parents also want to go, so we would like to get a cabin joining theirs...do they have connecting rooms on cruises? I ask because it looks like most only allow 4 people per room, so if 1 went in with them, that would help us.

My other questions are what are good cruise lines for families? What about activities for kids both on and off the ships? Does anyone have any experience with cruising to Alaska with kids?

I know it is more than a year out, but I want to start planning now and looking into what excursions to take. Thanks.
Mar 24th, 2007, 04:55 AM

I suggest you check out the family cruising boards at cruisecritic.com.

RCI would be a good fit for a family and has a itinerary that is R/T Seattle in 2008.
Mar 24th, 2007, 07:01 AM

Out of Seattle, NCL Pearl is a winner with Glacier Bay. Their freestyle dining is perfect for Alaska and families.

There are countless activities off ship in ports. But some are costly, and very worth it. So you might want to factor in a tour budget if your interests are for flights etc. With going in 2008, you can add to your "tour fund" by paying yourself- instead of gifts at birthdays/Christmas etc from relatives, an option would be money toward a tour??

Search this Thread