Infinity-Alaska Inside Passage

Feb 2nd, 2001, 05:09 AM
Chet Buhyoff

Infinity-Alaska Inside Passage

Have booked inside passage cruise Sept. 7 -01
on the Infinity, leaving Vancover and returning. Any info re: ship, time of year,
etc, would be appreciated. Thanks

Feb 5th, 2001, 08:45 PM
blanche

HI. My husband and I have also just booked for the Infinity, but for the first week in July. From what I've read
this is a big, big ship, and read some
of the posts forthe Millennium, which is the sister ship to the Infinity, but
sounds like Celebrity is definitely a very good line. I'd like to recommend
about.com and go into the cruise reviews, because they've been helpful in the past!

Feb 25th, 2001, 07:08 PM
Bonnie

Hi! I have booked Infinity for July 6th. I have been getting great info from different web sites. Try the boards at cruisecritic.com. Ports-0f-call: Alaska and Ships: Celebrity. I'm looking forward to what people say about the Infinity after its maiden voyage. You can get great tips on Alaska and its excursions. Mytravel.com and of course Celebrity.com should be checked out.

Feb 26th, 2001, 07:57 PM
dana

I've also booked the INfinity for first week in July, and can't wait to find out about the ship. We got a great deal
Cat. 4 for lower than a Cat. 12 price, and it's a guarantee. Happy sailing
everyone!

Feb 28th, 2001, 05:30 AM
LH

Hi Dana.

How did you get a Cat. 4 for lower than Cat. 12 price? Is it due to the off peak season that you are travelling?

Thank you in advance.

Mar 1st, 2001, 09:34 PM
dana

We were quoted a higher price for the June 29th sailing on INfinity on Cat 12,
inside cabin, versus Cat 8-4, outside
cabin, so because we like a deal, we took the outside Cat 4, as it would have cost the same for categories, 8, 7,
6, 5 OR 4. Therefore we chose "4" hoping
to possibly get upgraded to a 3 or higher, which all the categories above "4" do have balconies. However, after corresponding with some other people that are going on the Infinity,
they were quoted lower prices on the inside cabins than were we, but they are from a different region that I, and
it seems that there are all kinds of deals out there. Evidently the reason that the price was decent for the outside Cat 4 was because of our "region" and they were having some sort of a "deal" for those of us in the region that I live. Strange how the pricing of cruising can be, huh?