Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Cruises (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/)
-   -   How do I get cruise documents for cruise booked online only a few days before cruise? (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/how-do-i-get-cruise-documents-for-cruise-booked-online-only-a-few-days-before-cruise-394128/)

Kennedy3 Feb 1st, 2004 09:35 AM

How do I get cruise documents for cruise booked online only a few days before cruise?

I booked a cruise online for my parents with cruise411.com on Friday for a cruise that departs on Thursday. (They'll actually fly out on Wednesday to get in early.) How will they get the cruise documents in time for their trip? I've e-mailed cruise411 as well as tried to contact them via phone. I haven't received a return e-mail and have never gotten through to anyone via phone. Will they be waiting for them at the dock?

Theresa Feb 1st, 2004 11:21 AM

Which cruise line?

Some lines are experimenting with e-docs (similiar to what the planes do).

Other lines will have a "pier pick up" of the docs where your parents will pick them up at the pier.

Important - make sure that the cruise line has the immigration information right away if cruise 411 hasn't asked you for this. Cruise lines need this a few days in advance for security reasons. I would call cruise411 tomorrow.

diann Feb 1st, 2004 02:08 PM

I would call the cruise line and tell them what is happening. they will say there isn't much we can do because you didn't book it directly with us, but it still can help. I had a similar situation last week before my cruise. they did come in the mail that week. they do use email a lot these days. Good luck.

Theresa Feb 1st, 2004 02:22 PM

I agree, call the cruise line and make sure they have the correct immigration information and they can advise you on other items such as pier pick up of docs, etc. .

Kennedy3 Feb 1st, 2004 06:21 PM

Thank you all for your replies. I finally got through to cruise411 today via phone. They said the docs will be waiting for my parents at the pier. What immigration information does the cruise line need?

BeachBoi Feb 2nd, 2004 04:38 AM

Kennedy.....Royal Caribbean calls it "Mandatory Guest Registration Form"...otyher lines may call it different names but it is all the same.You call fill it out online and I'm guessing thats your best option at this point in time.It's basically name address,etc,etc, verification that the traveller is in fact who they say they are.Its very easy and quick but I would do it asap....S

Theresa Feb 2nd, 2004 05:47 AM

Each line calls it something different and most lines have it online (I know Princess and HAL have it online in addition to the reported RCCL). Cruise411 will know what it is and direct you in the right direction or call the cruise line and ask if they have "all the necessary immigration information needed" to sail. It is name, address, phone, passport info (if you have one), etc. . The government requests this information from the cruise line for security reasons.

Kennedy3 Feb 2nd, 2004 07:36 PM

Ahhhhh... you guys are great. Just took care of everything directly with the cruise ship online. (I had no idea that the cruise ship even required passengers to fill out "immigration imformation." Cruise411 failed to tell me this when I booked the cruise) Thanks so much!!!!

Theresa Feb 3rd, 2004 02:52 AM

Kennedy - it is something new this past year.

Make sure your parents bring their passports or birth certificate and photo ID. If they are going to Barbados - they need a passport to get on the ship.