Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

HOW CAN WE CUT COSTS ON GRAND PRINCESS TOURS?

Oct 16th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Original Poster

MY HUSBAND & I ARE GOING ON A CRUISE TO THE BRITISH ISLES AS MY GIFT TO HIM FOR HIS RETIREMENT IN 3/08. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION FROM SOMEBODY THAT TOOK THIS TOUR AS TO WAYS OF SAVING MONEY AND DOING SOME OF THESE TOURS ON OUR OWN IN IRELAND, ENGLAND & SCOTLAND, ETC. THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY. ALSO--ANYBODY KNOW ABOUT DISCOUNTS IN LONDON FOR SENIOR CITIZENS?
Oct 16th, 2007, 05:29 PM

What are some of your Ports of Call.

Percy
Oct 16th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Original Poster

The ports of call are London (Southampton)Guernsey(St.Peter Port,) England, Cork(Cobh), Dublin, Ireland, Liverpool, England, Belfast, Northern Ireland, Glasgow(Greenock, Scotland, Inverness/Loch Ness (Invergordon) Scotland and Paris/Normandy (Le Havre), France-thanks for any info.
Oct 17th, 2007, 10:16 AM

I don't see a Grand Princess cruise to British Isles in March 2008 - but I probably just looked at it wrong. If you go over to cruisecritic.com - you can join and get on the roll call for your specific cruise - and there are tons of suggestions for excursion options that different people have booked (alot of people book things themselves). There was also alot of feedback from people that have done this itinerary before - and I think you would get alot out of that. It seems to be a popular cruise based on the feedback I read.... It looks like the Grand Princess will be in the Caribbean until April, and then it does a transatlantic over to Europe.... Whenever your cruise is - have a great time!!!
Oct 18th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Original Poster

Debi-thanks for your info, I'll be going on Cruisecritic.com tonight.