Houston Ports

Apr 18th, 2001, 06:23 PM
Randy Reynolds

Houston Ports

Anyone know of cruises that originate from Houston? Which ones are best? Thanks in advance.

Apr 20th, 2001, 04:29 AM
Elaine

Testing, testing!

Apr 20th, 2001, 04:43 AM
Elaine

I haven't lost it! I tried to post a reply and got a 'no-go' message on the screen. Then I wanted to see if the above would post before trying again!
Here goes..Carnival (their Celebration)
makes 4/5 day cruises out of Galveston. We sailed on the Celebration last year when it was making 7 day cruises out of NO and we enjoyed ourselves tremendously. We also sailed on the Norweigian Sea out of Houston last year and had a great time but they have cancelled that service and no longer sail from Houston.
RCL is going to have 7-7 day sailings out of Galveston starting October 28, 2001. Those are the only 2 choices I know of right now but if someone has more info, please share it as Houston is a great starting point for us, too.
Also, NCL had a neat sailing area in the Houston ship channel where parking and boarding were very convenient. Does anyone know if there are plans for any other line to make use of that area!

Apr 26th, 2001, 08:30 PM
Kathy M.

Hello Randy,

I heard on the news last week that Olympic Cruise Lines is now sailing out of Houston (don't know anything about them). My husband and I sailed on Carnival's "Celebration" from Galveston in December and were a little disappointed because the ship is kind of old, but the service and food was great. Anyway, we have formed a group that will be sailing on the RCI, Rhapsody of the Seas from Galveston in November 2001 (11-18 Nov). Although, this cruise date is booked-up, we still have 13 staterooms left until Jun 01. If you and/or Elaine who replied to your message would be interested in cruisin' with us, please give me a call at (832) 326-4420. Take care... Kathy M.

Apr 27th, 2001, 03:43 PM
Jan

Is this a really blatant advertisement or what?!?!?!

Apr 27th, 2001, 03:51 PM
Marilyn

I don't know if she is advertising or not, but the Rhapsody is NOT sold out on that date. Seems a bit odd.