Hotel in Tampa?

Aug 10th, 2019, 08:15 PM
Original Poster

Hotel in Tampa?

Looking for advice (ASAP) on good hotel for night before cruise in Tampa. Want a nice pool and restaurants nearby for dinner, prefer one with airport shuttle or shuttle to port. Thank you.
Aug 11th, 2019, 07:09 AM

https://www.booking.com/hotel/us/pie...e93f578d304a78
We stayed here and we had a shuttle tot he pier though I don't recall if it was complimentary but if not the fee was nominal.
We were in Tampa area for a wedding so we decided to cruise too afterwards.
The beach is amazing really. Its one of the best we have seen.
The area is good too for a short stay with restaurants and bars within walking distance.
There was a really good Italian place close by called Forlinis. If it was by us we would be regulars!
Aug 11th, 2019, 08:28 PM
Original Poster

Jacket, Hi!

Hope you and family are all well and happy. Thanks for the response. I went ahead and booked a Hampton Inn in Ybor city, near restaurants and trolley. Taking daughter and granddaughter on a short, vacation cruise. No sight seeing, just play and beaches.

BTW, if you are ever coming to the Baltimore or DC area and have the time, please let us know. We would love to treat you two to dinner. I will never forget your support when DH was in the hospital.
Sass
Aug 11th, 2019, 08:30 PM
Original Poster

Oh, forgot to say, I also think the Clearwater beaches are beautiful, my favorite in Florida.
Aug 12th, 2019, 05:20 AM

Cool! Thank you. I was happy to help. That’s what we RN’s do. Most importantly your hubby recovered.
If we ever get to DC and someday we may as our three days were not enough. There was a lot more to see.,
If you ever get to Chicago let us know too. I think we can find a nice place fro dinner.
Aug 13th, 2019, 06:10 AM

I think that's a great location, but the pool doesn't look inviting. The Tampa Marriott Water Street has a much nicer pool.
Aug 13th, 2019, 10:16 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by doug_stallings View Post
I think that's a great location, but the pool doesn't look inviting. The Tampa Marriott Water Street has a much nicer pool.
Doug, you are right. I liked many of the other pools more, but we are leaving in two days. I had procrastinated (actually just booked the cruise not quite two weeks ago) and several people did recommend this to me on a cruise website. Next time, I will do better. They did give me a good discount, much less than other people seem to be paying for the same hote. Glad the area is good. We will only be there one night and the next morning. As long as the pool is clean, my granddaughter can get in a swim when we arrive. Thanks for the tip on the Marriott.