Reload this Page >

Holland America for Kids???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 12:53 PM
Linda Mowry

Is Holland America mainly for the older crowd?<BR>Many kids on board?<BR>How's the kids program?<BR>Thanks!<BR>(My kids are 10 & 12)

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 10:38 PM
HAL

Yes, it really is; 40 and up.<BR>Yes, they have childrens' programs but your kids might not have as many kids their own age onboard for it to be as fun for them as other cruise lines.<BR>Disney and Carnival are noted for their excellent kid's activity programs.

Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 01:42 AM
Vic

I agree with HAL, Holland America among the mid level cruiselines is one of the worst for kids, there aren't many.<BR><BR>Disney is obviously tops. Princess pioneered the concept and is still near the top in entertaining youngsters.

Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 07:41 AM
Ron

Holland America is basically for older cruisers; Your kids would be (probably) <BR>happier on Carnival,RCCL or Disney.

Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 03:52 PM
Linda

Thanks for the reply. We were only thinking of HA because of the New England/Canada summer cruise itinerary.<BR>Now I'm thinking the kids may be bored.<BR>Thanks for the input.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 07:18 PM
Sue

If youre going to HI, Norwegian has a brand new ship which I heard has a remarkable kids space and programs starting at age 2! We just booked based on what ive read from Norwegian, and by asking those who have taken that cruise!

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 10:03 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Linda,<BR><BR>There is only one HAL ship that I would advise cruising with children and that is the Maasdam that sails the Caribbean. They have a terrific children's program, large children areas, teen disco with professional lighting and fog. Also video games and juice bar. Averaging 150 to 200 children per cruise.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 11:09 AM
Linda

The problem is, we wanted this itinerary on the Rotterdam. (New England/Canada in the summer).