Help with Grand European Tours

Jan 28th, 2007, 07:30 AM
Original Poster

Help with Grand European Tours

My wife and I are about ready to book with Grand European Tours a 9-day "Castles Along the Rhine River Cruise." But, I can't find any reviews of either Grand European Tours (I think that is the company name) or of the itinerary we would be on. Does anyone know anything about this tour company - good or bad?
The ship is the River Ambassador and we would start in Zurich and get walking tours of Speyer, Koblenz and Cologne.
Also, we have been on about 5 or 6 cruises, but not a river cruise.
Thanks.
Jan 28th, 2007, 09:31 AM

If you don't get a response from this forum,type in Grand European Tours in the search box.
Feb 2nd, 2007, 06:30 PM

Did their tour of France years ago and it was fine. Since then they have cancelled a trip on me and then would not guarantee another....so I booked w/ someone else. But France was fine and I had a great time.
Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:20 AM

My daughter and I did a tour almot 4 years ago in May with them to Salzberg, Vienna, Prague, and Budapest.
We had a great time with a wonderful guide. We have booked this week for May their tour to Italy.
These were not river cruises so I cannot say how those are-ours were only land tours.
Mar 8th, 2007, 06:46 AM

My travel friend and I took a GE tour of the British Isles for 20 days and loved it. Had a terrific guide. We've never done one of their cruises, but we are looking at their Scandinavia tour this August. Does anyone have any experience with this tour?