Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Has anyone gone to the Sea Trek Arawak Aqua park in Labadee?

Mar 22nd, 2005, 09:06 AM
Original Poster

I am wondering if anyone has gone to this water park? Do I need to book a reservation to use it, or can we use it when we decided to. I hate having things set up so that I have to do them at a specific time. I know that my daughter (5) will want to do this, I just wondered if we can just walk up and purchase this excursion at the aqua park or if it has to be done only on board. Any information would be appreciated!!! Thanks!!!
Mar 30th, 2005, 03:47 PM

The park consists of water trampolines and blow up sea-saws. That is why the amount of people they send out is limited. You wouldn't want to have 100 people jumping around a trampoline. As far as I remember you can buy the tickets at the sign in area, but if it's full you may not be able to get in. If your daughter is 5 you will have to go with her, the water is deep and will be over her head.. Everyone has to wear a life jacket, There are no water slides....Hope this helps
Apr 5th, 2005, 12:45 PM

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents here. I would reserve a time for visiting this attraction on Labadee if you really think your daughter will want to do it. It's "unavoidable" not to see it once you arrive on the island so you won't be able to "hide it" from her sight and thus skirt the issue. We didn't make a reservation ahead of time and my son was disappointed because they were sold out. You can book online up to 10 days prior to your cruise or you can book when you get to your cabin via the interactive t.v..
They have 2 big pyramid-shaped things that you can climb up the back and then slide down the front in addition to the trampolines and see-saws. One is smaller than the other but still may be too big for your daughter. It's $10 for 45-50 minutes of time. They have lifeguards patrolling and keeping things fairly controlled but there is a lot of wild jumping and splashing going on.
Apr 11th, 2005, 12:57 PM

We happen to get off the ship on probably the first or second tender and they still had slots open but it was filling up fast and the later times were booked. They had 45 minutes left on one session (there usually an hour) and they let us go out, I knew 45 minutes was more than enough time for my 6 year old.