Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page > Has anyone been on RCCC Legend of the Seas? Considering the 7 night Med cruise for second half of honeymoon next June.

Has anyone been on RCCC Legend of the Seas? Considering the 7 night Med cruise for second half of honeymoon next June.

Sep 3rd, 1998, 10:52 AM
Angela

Has anyone been on RCCC Legend of the Seas? Considering the 7 night Med cruise for second half of honeymoon next June.

I have been researching Med cruises for next summer on the net and have come across this itinerary which departs at the right time for out honeymoon (June 22-27, 1999). I believe this is the same itinerary as this past summer's RCCC med cruise however the ship was Vision of the seas. Has anyone travelled on the Legend of the seas? I would appreciate any feedback re: clientele, food, activities, excursions, etc. Thanks for your help.

Sep 3rd, 1998, 01:52 PM
Carol

Angela,

I am almost certain that Legend is the brand new ship that will be sailing come the first of June. We were on the second sailing of Visions and the captain had a private party for RCC repeaters. They were intorducing 2 brand new ships in 1999 and 2000. If I'm not mistaken this will be the biggest ship in the fleet. Something like 2,000 passengers, double the amount of Visions which is now the largest. I'll try do some research also, because we loved Visions so well we are planning to go back next year. Take care

Sep 4th, 1998, 05:54 AM
Kristy

Angela - Actually, Legend of the Seas is not the newest RCCL ship. Legend was built in 1995 (I think). It's one of the first pair of RCCL's megaships. I cruised to Hawaii on Legend of the Seas last September, and loved it!! This was my first cruise, so I didn't have anything to compare it to, but I thought the ship was beautiful, the staff and crew were very nice and helpful, the food was great (maybe not as gourmet as I hear it is on other lines, but still excellent). Next summer is the first time Legend will be operating in Europe, so I don't know about excursions. As for clientele, most passengers were in the mid-50s to mid-60s age range. I am in my 30s, and there were some other passengers in my age bracket, but not a lot. Although, on a honeymoon, that probably doesn't matter Anyway, if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Search this Thread