Search

HAL Med. on Noordam in Nov.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16th, 2004, 10:48 AM
peg
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HAL Med. on Noordam in Nov.

We are in the process of booking our annual "girl's" vacation this year. After many thoughts and ideas, we have narrowed it down to two: Morocco or a cruise on HAL Noordam leaving on Nov. 3rd from Italy and ending in Portugal.

When I have mentioned this cruise to a couple of different people they said that we would probably be the youngest on the ship, and might not be enjoyable for us. We pretty much can entertain ourselves, but just wanted to get a general feel for things. We are in our thirties and one young forty year old. Any thoughts on the age group that may possibly be on the ship? Also, what is the entertainment like on the ship? We would probably enjoy dancing, sipping cocktails and listening to music.

Any other thoughts would be welcome, it is the first cruise for one of us, and the first time to Europe for the other two.

Thank you in advance for any advice.
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 12:47 PM

I have cruised HAL (though not the Noordam). It is a very nice cruiseline and the age range will be no different than any other cruiselines in the Med. I would definitely opt for the cruise over Morocco. Morocco was OK but didn't do much for me the 2 times I've been there. Take the Cruise!
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 12:55 PM

Just realized you want to go November 3rd....I think you'd have better weather in mid September or October. JMO.
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 04:35 AM
peg
Original Poster

Thanks traveller333. Normally, we vacation at the end of September, early October, but my brother is getting married the middle of October and it is going to be a huge wedding, so we opted to wait until afterward so there wouldn't be any conflicts.

Is Nov. not a good time? I was figuring in the 60's???
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 06:15 AM

We were on the Noordam a couple of years ago (in the summertime) and we were almost the youngest (early 60's) although we had a mid-30's daughter with us. I would think in the late fall, you would have an even higher percentage of older people. However, since you are a group travelling together, you ought to be fine. The excursions that were offered included ones for folks with restricted physical ability as well as ones that involved lots of walking--and were noted as such in the information.

The entertainment on our cruise ranged from musical shows to passenger participation, there were lots of places to lounge with a drink, etc. There was dancing and so on.

The Noordam is an older ship, soon to be retired, I believe, but we enjoyed it very much. They do not offer open seating except at lunch and breakfast, but we ended up with congenial folks at our table.

Hope you enjoy your trip whatever you decide.