Greg Gallagher Need Not Reply

Apr 30th, 2001, 11:45 AM
Amy

Greg Gallagher Need Not Reply

To those of you who have been a tremendous source of help:

Thank you so much to all of you for your constructive and helpful advice. I just started reading the Travel Talk section and I am grateful for a lot of the tips I received regarding cruising.

However, there is a negative force among us, and his name is Greg Gallagher. Every time I see someone with something positive to say about Royal Carribean, or any time someone asks for constructive advice about cruising in general, this loud-mouthed, negative, ranting person invades the string with his ridiculous "Honeymoon From Hell" drama.

I implore Fodor's to ban Greg from posting on this site, or at least contact him and tell him that his nastiness is uncalled for. Not only does he barge into any cruise-related string looking for something to bluster about, but he then proceeds to harrass anyone and everyone with a conflicting opinion. His up-to-the-minute rebuttals are exhausting and do nothing but deplete bandwith. In addition, his bull about his "legal battles" cannot possibly be true, or he would be working on his case instead of stalking the message boards in a feeble attempt to get someone to agree with him. Or worse: to get someone to argue with him. Travel Talk should be about advice related to LEISURE, not combat.

From what I have read, I am sure I am not alone in this. And once again, thanks to all of the helpful people out there who answer questions because they truly want to help. I have booked a cruise based on the positive advice I have received.

Apr 30th, 2001, 12:17 PM
Peter

Thanks Amy.

Apr 30th, 2001, 03:18 PM
Sally

I totally disagree: when I post a question I want HONEST answers not "politically correct" ones. If you really only want to hear positive things than don't ask your question. Read "Play Nice". If you wait til you have booked to ask "how is it" than it is your error.

Apr 30th, 2001, 06:52 PM
Leanne

I think you have been sucked into exactly what he wanted. Instead of talking about cruises you talk about him. Meanwhile he sits back and watches you bicker like children. And Peter what grade school are you in? You just keep posting those phony e mails on the other site and you keep bringing up his post to the top.

Apr 30th, 2001, 09:34 PM
Beryl

Hi Amy:

I agree with you. Sure I want an honest answer too, but I don't want a continual tirade about this "honeymoon from hell". When you read all his "complaints" they are really not all that major. I think the definition of "honeymoon from hell" should be stated by MRS Gallagher.

Incidentally after reading posts prior to the advent of GG, I selected RCCL for our cruise to Alaska last June - what a great choice - this was a fantastic, classy trip, and in the second lowest grade of cabin.

I just want honest answers from people as they find them - ONCE!!

May 1st, 2001, 03:44 AM
Steven

How contradictory. Beryl I have been following this episode of Greg out of curiosity. And I have seen you whining about him more than ONCE! Maybe you should follow your own advice.

May 1st, 2001, 05:27 AM
Amy

Sally,

First, let's disregard your last sentence, which is just plain childish and petty. I posted this as question as an appeal to Fodor's (who obviously do not monitor their forums) to remove someone who is a large distraction from the purpose of this site. I also posted this question/statement to thank the grown-ups for their solid advice. With that out of the way...

When I post a question, I want an honest answer, you're right, not a childish whiner who is not even answering the question I asked. And believe me, I am quite aware of what I am looking for, thank you. People like Greg do not offer anything constructive. When I asked my question, I got several answers that made sense, and then I got his answers...about ANOTHER CRUISE LINE/TOPIC.

Put is this way, Sally. If you ask a question about apples, and someone feels the need to respond with a 5 paragraph answer about oranges, and then proceeds to attack anyone else who posts an answer to YOUR question, is that being honest? No, it's being childish and downright boorish. In addition, the way in which one delivers travel advice has nothing to do with being politically correct. And I read "Play Nice" after I posted my question. If the sappy "play nice kids" finger wagging tone of that e-mail isn't policially correct, I don't know what is. Not to mention, that an all-out brawl about another topic altogether broke out after "Play Nice" was posted. A lot of good it did. And Sally, if you are so above my question, then take the high road and don't respond.

Leanne, I know exactly what he does. Having earned a PhD in Psychology, I work with people all day with similar insatiable needs for attention. That is why I wish Fodor's would do something about him. This forum should be about real questions, solid advice, and adults sharing information.

So again, let me reiterate that the purpose of my post was to thank people for being helpful, and for a request to try and stop another person's harrassment. Those of you who felt the need to vehemently respond with an argument will most likely argue with anyone just for the sake of arguing. Especially since my post was not at all argumentative. And if you don't believe me, read Greg Gallagher's posts, and then respond to him. You'll have a great time bickering back and forth. And worse, if you agree with his nonsense and bullying tactics, then your manners are no better than his and I would recommend you all get together ON ANOTHER SITE and argue till you're blue in the face and sparks fly from your angry little fingers.

Enjoy your day!

May 1st, 2001, 10:29 AM
Manny

On behalf of all the people who agree with you, thank you! We are definately (hopefully) in the majority!!!

May 1st, 2001, 10:48 AM
Steven

I love how all these people claim to have this superior level of maturity, yet they use pseudonyms in their e-mail addresses that are in essence name calling.

As far as banning any body. When we start doing that who's next? Unless someone uses foul language or slanders someone I see no need to ban anyone no matter how inane their drivel. Let them speak this is the last bastion of free speech (the internet).

When we start deciding who can speak and who can't and about what then we are no better than the people we criticize. Before someone jumps on me about this. Think about. What if someone didn't like the way you replied to this.

Also, I have noticed Greg hasn't written a thing lately. Why do you continue to dwell on this?

Have a nice day!

May 1st, 2001, 11:12 AM
Amy

Compare credit card offers and apply online @ CreditCardMenu.com.
Buy and Sell Books, Music, Movies, Games and more

3 entries found.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steven:

ha·rass (hrs, h-rs)
v. tr. ha·rassed, ha·rass·ing, ha·rass·es.

To irritate or torment persistently.
To wear out; exhaust.

Free speech is being able to voice an opinion. Obviously, you cannot appreciate the difference.

As far as dwelling, I received an e-mail, which is why I will never put my address down again.

I do not wish to ban Greg from the world, I wish to ban Greg from being able to attack people. Clearly, you have not read his posts. Also, if you were the "Steve" that attacked Beryl for stating an opinion, take your own advice.

I find this ongoing saga fascinating. Especially the desire of people to confront anything, no matter if they agree or not. And by the way, using [email protected] as my e-mail address is not name-calling. Unless the word ban has become a curse word of late, I'd call it a simple request.

May 1st, 2001, 01:26 PM
Steven

Amy you lost me on the first part. Talk about apples and oranges.

Free speech. Is free speech. There is no little addendums.

I don't agree with how Greg went about his replies. He did ask several people to tell him how they went about solving their problems.Again, talk about apples and oranges.

Also your comments about grown ups insinuates that Sally is not one. You see it is easy to turn and twist what someones says in to something bad. I don't believe you meant that at all. In fact I believe you have everyones best interest at heart.

One problem in order to hear what you have to say we cannot as a society eliminate what someone else has to say. No matter how we disagree with it. Most of the good books would have been destroyed years ago if we let that happen. Please be a little open minded.

Have a nice day.

May 2nd, 2001, 04:50 AM
Theo

Hi Amy,

I'm a bit confused. You say you have a PhD in Psychology yet you resorted to calling someone loud mouthed and other negative terminology. Couldn't you have phrased this in a more professsional manner befitting your title? How does this differ from other people on this web that have made derogatory comments?

May 3rd, 2001, 12:59 AM
Paul Therault

Hey, lets all start beating up on Amy now. The train is rollin' let's all jump on. Let's all be schoolkids again.

Paul

May 3rd, 2001, 04:56 AM
Theo

No ones beating up Amy. Quite the contrary. I'm just asking if she could have phrased things in a more professional manner in accordance with her position. If your going to throw mud you have to expect to get some dirt on your own hands.

May 3rd, 2001, 09:59 AM
Amy

First to Theo:

I'm surious...For someone who is so above all of us peons who are just trying to glean a little useful information from this site, you seem to be lurking around the "Greg Gallagher" posts an awful lot. And not just this one, I might add. You know, severe self-righteousness cases are very good candidates for therapy. And as for your comment about my use of the word "loud-mouthed," since I know it is so harsh and demeaning to you, I can only say this: Having a Ph.D does not mean I am no longer human and cannot get frustrated. But to make you happy, terms more befitting to my profession would be narcissistic, anal retentive, neurotic, and borderline obsessive compulsive. Do these make you feel more intelligent about trolling these forums looking for someone to disagree with? If so, then that's something you might want to explore further.

To the rest of you:

Since this will be my last post, I must say one more thing to all of you who have responded. Those of you who were supportive of what I had to say, thank you, but you didn't truly need to reply. I was just actually trying to thank YOU for your help and I was hoping Fodor's would take notice (perhaps they have--GG has not barked at any innocent victims in a while).

And to those of you who felt compelled to disagree with such vehemence: I realize now after watching this bizarre progression that all you really desire is to see your words "in the spotlight" on this site. You feel important when you attack others and glean some sense of pride when others who are of a similar disposition throw up their hands in angry agreement. You are the classic examples of the malcontents in society, who are constantly trying to prove something in order to feel superior. You are the schoolyard bullies who, when push came to shove, ran home crying to Mommy when the intimidation only got you so far and someone finally laid the beating on you that you deserved.

I wish you all well and sincerely hope you think about your motives before lashing out next time. And remember folks, this is a TRAVEL site, not a WWF match.

Best of luck.

May 3rd, 2001, 11:12 AM
xxxxx

OOOhhhh!

You got beat up a lot in that schoolyard didn't you? And now your venting that frustration and anger out on the rest of the people that disagree with you. I would like to thank the people that showed you for what you are; a frustrated unhappy person that needs to lash out at others in order to make themselves feel superior. I'm no pschologist, but it's quite apparent you are a very bitter person.

May 3rd, 2001, 11:20 AM
Greg Gallagher

Hi Amy, P.T., and Company

Actually I have asked Fodors to remove my original post. I was obviously very wrong and I apologize for all the mess I created. I had no idea it would go to this level. I got sucked into my own stupidity and lack of professionalism. Again, I sincerely apologize. I have not said anything because I didn't want to fuel the fire anymore. I thought one last comment on my part was required. I'm Sorry! That's it! Ciao.

May 3rd, 2001, 11:37 AM
Liz

Thank you Greg for admitting you were wrong. This has gone on long enough. While I have to agree with Amy, it means a lot that you are big enough to apologize.

And to xxx with the ooohhh post: Obviously you're not a psychologist. You completely misinterpreted what she said. You made yourself look like a fool, only proving her point once again. Now even Greg is being nice. Take a hint. And maybe you should think about your posts before you submit them.

Heres to the end of the madness!

May 3rd, 2001, 01:41 PM
sheli

Yeah, right, like Greg really posted that last message. This is too funny!

Yet another nonsense thread that I am drawn to only because the prose might be interesting.

Sheli

May 3rd, 2001, 02:07 PM
greg gallagher

Sheli,

Believe what you want.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO