Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Greek isles in end nov.bad idea? Celebrity galaxy

Oct 7th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Original Poster

hi I want to take a cruise Mediterranean on 24 nov on celebrity galaxy... Good deal but dont know abt the weather Plz advise abt the ship too thanks
Oct 8th, 2008, 12:18 AM

The weather is unpredictable that season. i would give 50-50. in Greece weather was mainly rainy this September -you wouldn't enjoy the cruise- but it is sunny now and would make a nice cruise. you take chances with November, i wish it works, the global warming effect is in your favor!
Oct 13th, 2008, 11:21 AM

Last year my wife & I did the Greek Islands & Med. Cruise from Venice to Rome & had great weather. The cruise before ours had bad weather. You never know for sure. We left Venice on the 9th of Nov. on a 12 day cruise & had only one day of rain that we had to deal with & it was not that bad that day in Athens. I think you have go & take your chances, no risks no gains.
Oct 16th, 2008, 04:33 AM

I took a Celebrity Century cruise last year late November to Dec. 3 Western Med from Barcelona. We had great sightseeing weather, approx high 50's to mid 60's in France and Italy ports, warmer in Gibralter and Valencia, 70 degress or so. No rain. Would do it again.
Oct 16th, 2008, 07:51 AM

We did Greek cruise from Venice last year during the week of Thanksgiving (late November). Weather overall was good, bit chilly in Athens but not bad, nice in the islands, and chilly in Split, Croatia.

One thing to be aware of is in the islands many things will be close for season but enough will be open to find food, drink, and items to buy.

We were on RCCL Slendour of the Seas.