Notices

Greece & Turkey-

Dec 14th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Original Poster

Greece & Turkey-

Thinking of a Windstar cruise for April to the Greek isles and Turkey. How steady is the ship? (for 2 people who like calm sailing...)
Dec 18th, 2009, 11:07 AM

Remember these are sailing ships with masts and sails. They are not real big (heavy). Need wind to make them go better and with wind comes rolling seas -- more wind, more roll. If you want calm sailing these probably are not the boat for you.
Dec 18th, 2009, 11:09 AM

I just noticed you posted the same question two days earlier. I guess you didn't like those answers.
Feb 22nd, 2010, 04:38 PM

I am very late in answering this, and you nay have already made your decision, but I will answer this from my first hand experience from our Athens-Istanbul trip in late August 2009, our first (NOT last!) experience w/ WS.

The ship is VERY stable, we loved it. We took my 79 yo father and 72 yo mother, who also loved it. These ships have stabilizers, and there is not much wind in this area, and they were able to raise the sails much more on our cuise than typical. That said, if you don't ike the feeling of being on a ship (aka the big ones w/ 1500+ passgr), than this is not for you.

We just wish they did a southern asian route ! (BALI - LOMBOK here we come!)

Search this Thread