Reload this Page >

Grand Princess or Voyager?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 07:21 AM
Pam

Please advise. Having a hard time choosing between the two? Heard great things about them both. Looking into a Fall cruise. Grand Princess seems to be more reasonably priced.<BR>

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 06:16 AM
Juliette

My parents.....both well into their eighties.....have just booked a Fall cruise on the Grand Princess. They have cruised all around the world, (I do mean ALL) and are quite picky about accommodations and service. A lot of research goes into every cruise whether it is the over-all cost or the ports visited. If they booked, it's a great choice.<BR><BR>Bon Voyage!

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 06:32 AM
linda

Pam,<BR> What do you enjoy on a cruise? We picked the Voyager and were quite pleased. We are booking the Explorer or Adventure this Jan. (Hey Paul, wanna give me a quote?) Try going to cruisereviews.com and reading some of the opinions there. Look for the more recent ones.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 02:36 PM
Pam

We are not big partygoers. In our early 30's, like to have a good time. Don't want to be bored. I have a feeling Princess caters to more of the older crowd?

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 03:03 PM
Debbie

Love, exciting and new. <BR>Come Aboard. We're expecting you. <BR><BR>Love, life's sweetest reward. <BR>Let it flow, it floats back to you. <BR><BR>Love Boat...soon will be making another run. <BR>The Love Boat...promises something for everyone. <BR>Set a course for adventure, your mind on a new romance. <BR><BR>Love...won't hurt anymore. <BR>It's an open smile...on a friendly shore. <BR><BR>Yes LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! It's LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! (hey-ah!) <BR><BR>Love Boat...soon will be making another run. <BR>The Love Boat...promises something for everyone. <BR>Set a course for adventure, your mind on a new romance. <BR><BR>Love...won't hurt anymore. <BR>It's an open smile...on a friendly shore. <BR><BR>It's LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! It's LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! It's LOOOOOOOOOOOVE! It's the Love Boat-ah! It's the Love Boat-ah! <BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 05:24 PM
cheryl

I loved the Grand Princess. The sister<BR>ship to the Grand is the Golden Princess<BR>and it will begin sailing this fall.<BR>There are awesome rates out for early<BR>November.

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 07:10 PM
Pam

Thanks for the insight. Cheryl have you sailed on the Voyager?

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 08:31 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Pam,<BR><BR>Real tough decision. I sailed the Grand, Golden, Explorer and Voyager. Not in that order. I thought the both Princess ships were the most beautiful in the world but not as exciting as the RCCL ships. <BR><BR>When I cruised the Voyager I couldn't wait to get home and book the Explorer. Maybe this will tell you something. <BR><BR>The Princess ships were more formal and the food was better (my opinion) but nothing can beat the excitement of the RCCL ships. They are also engineering marvels.<BR><BR>I guess I would say go with your pocketbook this year and next year sail RCCL. There is plenty to see and do on the Princess ships. The architecture, lighting, plants, trees, flowers. Amazing.<BR><BR>Paul<BR><BR>

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 01:49 PM
Pam

Paul, I hope you read this question, but can I ask you your honest opinion, if you had a choice between the two which one would you choose in a heartbeat?

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 08:07 AM
xxx

Wow Debbie, love you "LOVE BOAT" rendition. You should perform on cruiselines sweety!!

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 03:52 PM
cruiser

Both are great ships. Voyager is huge. Princess is elegant. Good choices!<BR><BR>Have Fun!!

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 12:27 AM
Paul Therault

Hi Pam,<BR><BR>Honest opinion ..... as I stated above ... when I returnded from the voyager I could not wait to book the Explorer. These are destination ships. Had no desire to get off to visit the islands.<BR><BR>Enjoy,<BR><BR>Paul