Getting off the boat in San Juan

Jan 2nd, 2007, 05:30 AM
Original Poster

Getting off the boat in San Juan

We will be getting on the boat in San Juan 2-3pm and the boat does not leave until 10m. Is it possible to have time to get off the boat and wander the streets of San Juan? Sure it also depends on how long it takes to get on the boat. Not sure how far the Splendor of the Sea(RCL) docks from the city. Anyone? I was on the Century ship and it was an easy walk from the boat into the historical part of the city.
Jan 2nd, 2007, 06:27 AM

Sure. Feel free to tour SJ. Just be sure to return to the ship 30-60 minutes before it is scheduled to sail!!
Jan 3rd, 2007, 08:02 PM

Why not walk down to the ferry (50 cents)to Bacardi factory? It's a great tour and it's open till 5. Come back and stroll around, have dinner, etc. You have plenty of time.
Jan 4th, 2007, 09:00 AM

Which dock in SJ are you at? If you are at the one by the convention center you will not be walking anywhere - have to use a cab. There are two docks, one is by Old San Juan and the other is across the bay at the new convention center area. We were on Adventure of the Seas and it used the one by convention center.
Jan 4th, 2007, 08:11 PM

Curt is correct. I was referring to the Old San Juan dock. That's where Serenade of the Seas docked when I was there last November.
Jan 5th, 2007, 04:07 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies. I am hopeful it is the old dock where I got off before on my cruise,but realized there are 2 docking places. My son is with me this trip and has never been to San Juan so I especially wanted him to get to walk around in the historical area. Serenade of the Sea offers a walking tour at the end of the cruise that will take you to the airport at the end of the tour if you are leaving later in the afternoon which we are. This might be a possibility for us also if we don't get off in the beginning.
Jan 5th, 2007, 05:37 AM

Maryanne1, go here to find out the cruise ship schedule, and docking spots: (Click on Calendar of Events, then Cruise Ship Calendar, then find your date)

http://www.gotopuertorico.com/?contentlanguage=_eng