Gay Group Cruising: Hawaii

May 29th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Original Poster

Gay Group Cruising: Hawaii

Gay Group Cruise to Hawaii, Holidays 2008

A lot of people know about all-gay cruises, like Atlantis or RSVP, both of which charter an entire ship (and actually both are the same company).

Fewer travelers seem to know about "gay group" cruising. Basically, it's where a reasonable-sized group of gay travelers book together on a mainstream itinerary.

My partner and I have done both styles, and prefer the group. So we've arranged a gay group cruise this holiday season. The dates and ship are perfect, as is the pricing (and no, I'm not the travel agent). This itinerary can only be booked by the agent who arranged the group with the cruise line, so if you're interested, contact me at randall @ randallshirley .com (you'll need to remove several spaces in that address.

It's gonna be a BLAST!

Randall Shirley
Jun 29th, 2008, 09:20 PM

jrandalls, which line is this on? I'm asking because I work at Aloha Tower Marketplace at Pier 10/11 in Honolulu and we do have nice shopping & dining.

www.alohatower.com/promotions.html

I'll email you shortly.
Jun 30th, 2008, 12:43 PM

Organizations such as Pied Piper have been practicing this concept for years.
Jun 30th, 2008, 03:18 PM

On Princess, they had a LGBT meetings scheduled in the patter. I thought it's a regular thing.

Jul 24th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Original Poster

Hi all responders:

Yes, Dukey, Pied Piper travel does organize gay groups. However, they aren't alone. I organized this gay group (complete with excellent pricing) because 1) this particular itinerary is compelling to gay male travelers, 2) the cruise is longer than most organized by tour agencies, 3) the holidays are often overlooked by agencies.

To FainaAgain: Yes, cruise lines are generally offering a "Friends of Dorothy" party for gay men on most sailings. However, a gay group, pre-planning to travel together, has the advantage of special group pricing, and some additional perks on the ship.

Tell your gay friends!

Randall Shirley
www.randallshirley.com