Ft. Lauderdale sailings/Embassy Suites

Mar 14th, 2003, 03:37 PM
Original Poster

Ft. Lauderdale sailings/Embassy Suites

Has anyone ever stayed at the Embassy Suites by the port? I understand (2nd hand) that if you stay there the night before your cruise they allow you to keep your car parked there for free??? They also have a free shuttle. I just got a double suite at $80.00 on priceline...$189.99 room!
Mar 14th, 2003, 11:25 PM
Bo

That's a great rate for that hotel!!

Was it hard to get that price?
Mar 15th, 2003, 03:58 AM

I was told that you cannot park your car there during the cruise., as the parking is limited.

They do alot of seminars,etc. plus hotel guests.

Call them directly to double check.
Mar 15th, 2003, 05:57 AM

I heard they used to but don't any more.

Amerisuites right next door does allow you to leave your car there all week if you stay there.

It is a nice hotel. I stay there at least once or twice a year (but always fly in). We got the hotel for $75 on Priceline.

If anyone is interested on using Priceline to get this hotel - check out www.biddingfortravel.com and look at Florida/FLL for information. This will help you know what to bid for this hotel.
Mar 15th, 2003, 07:12 AM
Original Poster

I did call the hotel directly and the front desk told me that I can park there during the cruise. He suggested that I try to work something out with the valet for a reduced rate (it is actually only $6.00 a day anyway...cheaper than the $10 a day most lots charge down there).

I found that the site betterbidding.com was more helpful and user friendly than biddingfortravel.

Bo -
I bid first only Ft.L downtown 3 star (as the Emb. Suites is the ONLY 3 star in that zone). Make your bid...if it is rejected, add Miramar at only 3* (there are none!) and rebid up'ing your price. When my initial bids were rejected...we just used my husband's computer to bid $80.00 per night and it was accepted. Questions? I'll try to help more if I can.

Theresa...I did try Amerisuites but they are sold out for that night. We love Embassy anyway so we are thrilled.
Mar 15th, 2003, 07:17 AM
Bo

www.BetterBidding.com

I just checked out BetterBidding and saw they have a wealth of information regarding Priceline and Hotwire for this hotel.

I also read their tips in the Florida section for cruisers leaving from Ft. Lauderdale and Miami and it explained a lot on how to use Priceline or Hotwire for each of these areas.
Mar 15th, 2003, 10:51 AM

I am sorry - I thought you meant "can park there free" as opposed to just park there.

Better bidding is nicer but hasn't been around as long and their database of hotels/successes isn't as large.

I use both both sites before I bid.

Search this Thread