Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Cruises (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/)
-   -   Ft. Lauderdale sailings/Embassy Suites (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/ft-lauderdale-sailings-embassy-suites-297923/)

Elishaga Mar 14th, 2003 02:37 PM

Ft. Lauderdale sailings/Embassy Suites

Has anyone ever stayed at the Embassy Suites by the port? I understand (2nd hand) that if you stay there the night before your cruise they allow you to keep your car parked there for free??? They also have a free shuttle. I just got a double suite at $80.00 on priceline...$189.99 room!

Bo Mar 14th, 2003 10:25 PM

That's a great rate for that hotel!!<BR><BR>Was it hard to get that price?

maryann Mar 15th, 2003 02:58 AM

I was told that you cannot park your car there during the cruise., as the parking is limited.<BR><BR>They do alot of seminars,etc. plus hotel guests.<BR><BR>Call them directly to double check.

Theresa Mar 15th, 2003 04:57 AM

I heard they used to but don't any more.<BR><BR>Amerisuites right next door does allow you to leave your car there all week if you stay there.<BR><BR>It is a nice hotel. I stay there at least once or twice a year (but always fly in). We got the hotel for $75 on Priceline.<BR><BR>If anyone is interested on using Priceline to get this hotel - check out www.biddingfortravel.com and look at Florida/FLL for information. This will help you know what to bid for this hotel.

Elishaga Mar 15th, 2003 06:12 AM

I did call the hotel directly and the front desk told me that I can park there during the cruise. He suggested that I try to work something out with the valet for a reduced rate (it is actually only $6.00 a day anyway...cheaper than the $10 a day most lots charge down there). <BR><BR>I found that the site betterbidding.com was more helpful and user friendly than biddingfortravel. <BR><BR>Bo -<BR>I bid first only Ft.L downtown 3 star (as the Emb. Suites is the ONLY 3 star in that zone). Make your bid...if it is rejected, add Miramar at only 3* (there are none!) and rebid up'ing your price. When my initial bids were rejected...we just used my husband's computer to bid $80.00 per night and it was accepted. Questions? I'll try to help more if I can.<BR><BR>Theresa...I did try Amerisuites but they are sold out for that night. We love Embassy anyway so we are thrilled.

Bo Mar 15th, 2003 06:17 AM

www.BetterBidding.com<BR><BR>I just checked out BetterBidding and saw they have a wealth of information regarding Priceline and Hotwire for this hotel.<BR><BR>I also read their tips in the Florida section for cruisers leaving from Ft. Lauderdale and Miami and it explained a lot on how to use Priceline or Hotwire for each of these areas.

Theresa Mar 15th, 2003 09:51 AM

I am sorry - I thought you meant &quot;can park there free&quot; as opposed to just park there.<BR><BR>Better bidding is nicer but hasn't been around as long and their database of hotels/successes isn't as large.<BR><BR>I use both both sites before I bid.