Fort Lauderdale departure

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 08:33 AM
lk

Fort Lauderdale departure

Leaving Ft. Lauderdale on Grand Princess in November. We'll be renting a car in Orlando and driving to Ft. Lauderdale. Need help choosing the car rental drop off spot that will get us closest to the port. thanks.

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 08:57 AM
Lenore

The Ft Lauderdale Airport and Port Everglades (seaport) are right next to each other. Drop your car at the airport drop-off lot and take a taxi over to the seaport, if your rental agency won't shuttle you there (which may be an option, so ask).

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 09:11 AM
Andy

lk- I answered this post on the US travel talk--<BR><BR>You need to drop your car off at the FLL AIRPORT location and take a taxi to the port---they are NOT next to each other,but they are a very short drive-$5 taxi at the most.<BR><BR>The RENTAL CAR agencies do NOT offer a shuttle to the port....

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 12:50 PM
Peter

It sounds like Andy know for sure; but I can tell you that a year ago, I rented a car (I think Avis) and returned it to the airport and they took me, my family and our luggage to the Port with no problem.

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 06:22 PM
Andy

Peter- I rented from Avis and they told me I needed to drop the car at the airport and take a taxi,last year-which we did....<BR><BR>If you got better service, that is wonderful.<BR><BR>Best suggestion to lk--CALL DIRECTLY TO THE AIRPORT LOCATION OF WHATEVER CAR RENTAL YOU USE and ASK the MGR that EXACT question...\<BR><BR>Things change everday-- And if they offer airport rides, PLEASE post it on this forum/

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 04:58 AM
Starfish

Avis has ALWAYS taken me to the dock in Ft. Lauderdale. My most recent cruise was March, and Avis took us to the dock.

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 06:22 AM
John

We used Hertz for pre-cruise this past May and they took us to the Port as well. I think all the major car rental agencies in FLL will shuttle from the airport to the Port.

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 08:29 AM
Lenore

If you think about it, why wouldn't the rental car agencies drop you at the seaport? The distance between their drop off lots and the Ft Lauderdale airport versus the seaport is virtually nil. All rental car companies have complimentary shuttles to and from the airport and I'll bet to the seaport as well.