Flight info for Anchorage

Nov 2nd, 2002, 06:53 AM
Scott

Flight info for Anchorage

My wife and I are planning a cruise on Carvinal May 03. We are looking at our options to get the cheapest air fare from Atlanta. We are checking to see if we might get a better fare if book a round trip to say Seattle and a one way to Anchorage to meet the boat. Does anyone have any other options I may have missed?Advise would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Scott Woodall

Nov 3rd, 2002, 12:07 PM
Anthony

Your post is unclear. Where is your ship disembarking? What prices have you gotten? It sounds like you are embarking in Seward and d8isembarking in Seattle? When checking open-jaw flights, make sure you go to each airlines website, and check fares for open-jaw or multi-city fares. If you search for separate one-way fares, your pricing will be sky-high. Additionally, when I checked airfares for my Alaska cruise this past summer, I found general travel sites like expedia, travelocity, and orbitz had MUCH higher fares than if I checked each airline's website directly, even using the open-jaw/multi-city search options.
This would also be the ideal time to cash in frequent-flyer or credit card programs rewards for airfare, which is what I did this past summer. In any event, you should be able to get fares in the $450-$500/person range.

Nov 3rd, 2002, 06:12 PM
Scott

Anthony,Thanks for your reply. In doing some checking since my posting I have come to some of same info you left.We are embarking at Seward and disembarking at Vancouver. I am checking round trips from Atlanta to Seattle and one ways from Seattle to Anchorage. I am checking my Delta miles now, I have enough miles for 3 tickets if they will let me have the seats.
Thanks,
Scott

Nov 4th, 2002, 04:56 AM
Anthony

Scott:
If you are usubg your Delta miles, PLEASE check about an open-jaw route! Delta Sky Miles allows for open jaw routes, and the miles needed for a free domestic ticket INCLUDES ALASKA & CANADA, which means you can potentially fly into Anchorage and return home via Vancouver, all for the same milelage requirements! Make sure you are fexible with your dates-you may have to stay a day before and after, which then means you can sitesee Vancouver. Also remember that you fly into Anchorage, but the ship leaves from Seward, which is 3 hrs away from Anchorage.

Nov 5th, 2002, 07:23 PM
shirl

Help! Regarding flights from Fairbanks to Vancouver. They seem so expensive, I am talking like over $500. Anyone have any suggestions? We are doing the inside passage from Vancouver to Seward and then land tour for 4-5 days.Flying from Fairbanks, seems like flights from Anchorage are alot cheaper????