Reload this Page >

is this a good deal?

Search

is this a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 10:14 PM
nevergone

is this a good deal?

never been on a cruise before and could not decide between eastern and western caribbean, so i have quotes on a back to back alternating itinerary on the celebrity century - it seems really cheap for the week before (509 per person) and the week of thanksgiving (549)...is there something wrong with this ship that it is so cheap for a 14 day vacation? it is for an inside, but people say you don't spend much time in the cabin and we like to stay up and sleep late..help so i don't get taken!!!!

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 04:26 AM
Dave

Sounds about right to me. I cruised on the Century 2 years ago. There is nothing wrong with the ship. It is a slower pace than Carnival and RCCL ships, and you will find more older people on teh Century than any ship run by Carnival or RCCL.<BR><BR>As for the price, I assume you are talking about a 7 day cruise. When I went it was a 7 day cruise to the eastern caribbean. $510 - $550 sounds pretty good to me. Of course if the price you quoted does not include taxes and port charges, than that price is not so good, and is pretty much average with any other ship.<BR><BR>In general, you should always be able to find an inside cabin for about $100 per day. So if it is a 7 day cruise, you should find multiple cruise lines that offer the cruise for about $700.

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 03:15 PM
lovecruis

That is a great price because it is still hurrican season in the Caribean. You could expect a storm or just great weather.

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 04:33 AM
Weatherman

Lovecruis - your comment makes no sense. Granted the price is good, but you pointed out that it is still hurricane season in the caribbean then. This is probably why the price is so good. Many people do NOT pay top dollar to cruise during hurricane season, and if they do, they do so at the beginning of the season in May-July.<BR><BR>By the way, is it really still hurricane season the last week in November? I thought it ended November 1st.

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 07:56 AM
JP

In 1999, Lenny came along in mid-November, but that was unusually late.

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 09:44 AM
nevergone

gee thanks....it sounds like this is a good deal..not in hurricane season at $75 a day...i did it without a traditional travel agent - cruisequick

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 07:28 PM
Cruiser

Nevergone: I just booked two weeks on the Century today for Oct. I couldn't believe the price.(and this does include port charges, taxes etc.) I am going solo (and you know what that does to the price). Two weeks for less than $1,000. I did add insurance so it was a little over. CruisesOnly did a great job---call them. Even better price than the website.<BR> I would rather be on a ship than in a hotel with a hurricane coming toward me. Atleast the ship can move away from the storm.<BR> I did this same ship about 2 years ago to Scandinavia out of Amsterdam into St. Petersburg, Estonia, Poland, etc. I enjoyed this ship tremendously. Hope it is still as impressive this Fall.<BR> Are you cruising in Oct. or Nov.? Happy cruising!