Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Elation-Mexican Riverea cruise,good way to see Mexico?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2001, 12:33 PM
Richard

Hi, <BR>We are looking at going to America for the first time this year,we are in Australia,and was wondering if anyone could tell us if the 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise would be a good way to see Mexico? <BR>We have 2 children with us 5 and 11 and wondered if they would have a good time as well? <BR>Thanks for your help <BR>Richard

Old Jan 13th, 2001, 07:30 PM
Rhonda

Richard, I can not tell you yet if this is the best way to see Mexico, but my husband and I are going on this cruise on January 21, 2001. If you would like, I will give you a review of the trip when I return on or about the 30 of Jan. We are not taking our children, but will check out the family activities. This is our first cruise. Rhonda

Old Jan 14th, 2001, 12:33 PM
Tia

Richard, The Elation will be an excellent way to get a taste of of the Mexican Riviera. Keep in mind that it docks at tourist points, PV, Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan. We took our kids, 10 and 11 and they had a blast. Elation is a beautiful ship. Have Fun!!!

Old Jan 15th, 2001, 06:22 PM
Richard

Hi Rhonda , <BR>i look forward to hearing from you when you get back , make sure you tell me everything even the not so good bits if there are any <BR>have a great time <BR>Richard

Old Jan 16th, 2001, 08:25 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Richard, <BR> <BR>Great cruise, no negatives.... Do it! <BR> <BR>Paul

Old Jan 21st, 2001, 02:48 PM
Jill

A cruise is not a way to see much of anything in a foreign (or domestic for that matter) port. It gives you a chance to sightsee a location for a couple of hours only, not enough time for indepth touring of any kind. The stop in Cabo San Lucus, for example, is just a couple of hours - you can't see much in that time if that is your aim. <BR>We've vacationed in various Mexican cities/resorts and you cannot compare a cruise to a land vacation for actually seeing anything. It's all a matter of personal taste. You will only see the "tourist" areas, vendors selling merchandise, etc. but if that is OK then go for it, but please do not think you will be "seeing" Mexico, because you won't.