Celebrity Transatlantic Cruises

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone taken a 14 night transatlantic cruise on Celebrity Equinox ? I'm thinking of doing this in April 2012, but wonder about the pros and cons? I am a single woman travelling by myself. Any suggestions?
Old Dec 29th, 2011, 12:34 PM

Just in case no one posts to you have done Celebrity good not
Equinox but a great ship mostly good reviews.TA legs can
get rough and chilly from my experience with Cunard.
Celebrity Equinox Cruises: Read 369 Celebrity Equinox cruise reviews. Find great deals, tips and tricks on Cruise Critic .http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/...cfm?ShipID=382
[email protected] gets me great deals and personal
attention in the past.

Happy Planning!
Old Dec 29th, 2011, 12:35 PM

Always bring transdermscop.com saves my life and my
toilet time on rough cruises.I never leave home without it.
Old Dec 29th, 2011, 01:13 PM

Celebrity food quality had slipped through the years. I won't call them sub-par, but they are just like the rest, an also-run. They used to stand out. We too had similar experience like Larry on "boring" food. There were choices, but always the same choices. When you choose the same appetizer for 10 days, there really isn't any chocies (viable choice).

Larry, you have not mentioned nything about coffee so far ... how did you like their "brew" coffee on the buffet?
Old Dec 29th, 2011, 01:15 PM

sorry .. posted on the wrong thread about the coffee ...
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 06:52 AM

I did a transatlantic in 2001 on Celebrity Millennium. I also 14 day crossing and I was solo male. Had a fabulous time. One of the best relaxing vacations I ever had. Mine was in the fall in late September, early October. Left Barcelona on Sep 22, couple of European stops, then 6 days at sea and few more stops in the Caribbean before docking in Ft Lauderdale, FL.

Since then I did another Celebrity cruise solo and 2 Royal Caribbean and Carnival cruises with my wife. Celebrity still is #1 in my book, although we did like Royal Caribbean very much. Carnival not so much.
Old Dec 31st, 2011, 02:17 AM

DO IT!!!! We loved trans-atlantic cruises on Celebrity and have been on the Equinox. We have never had a rough voyage crossing to Ft. Lauderdale, but on two other lines that were going into New Jersey we did. Barcelona is a WONDERFUL port and at this point we even had a favorite hotel where we met up with other cruisers and our favorite taxi driver would pick us up at the airport and take us where we wanted to go. As for the food I thought it was a step above the Soltice and had the feeling that all around it was a happier crew.On this board I have a review of our Equinox cruise last October. You will find on the 14 day t/a a more sophisticated cruiser and all very friendly. As for getting seasick, avoid the patches...too many negative side effects.. I use ginger tablets available in a health food store. Will be glad to answer any questions