Reload this Page >

Don't get to the ship early

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 01:12 PM
jonb

Rather than waiting around for hours by getting to a ship early, i always get to the ship 30 minutes before it is supposed to depart. I rarely wait and there is hardly ever a line. If you are in line, the ship will not leave you - i promise. <BR>Don't get me wrong - don't arrive at the port and mosie on up to the terminal AFTER the time of departure. But getting there just before departure is the best. Also, your bags will go on last, so they will end up in your room first!

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 01:49 PM
NEVIBOY

Understood. BUT, a potential upgrade may be lost . First come, first served ?<BR>Just a thought .<BR>neviboy

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 02:08 PM
Albert

Why treat time on the ship as a burden, even if check-in can be slow on some lines? Pretty easy to turn a seven day cruise into a six day cruise by passing up the chance to relax on the ship for hours before sailing. Poking around that first day is a big part of the fun, no?

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 02:36 PM
Charlie

I agree Albert.......right on !!!!!

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 03:35 PM
Theresa

I always arrive early to the pier. Never a long line when the they first open.<BR><BR>This gives me a chance to take advantage of an almost empty ship. <BR><BR>Would not trade that for the world!<BR><BR>I say -definitely go early!

Old Dec 4th, 2001, 08:37 PM
Paul Therault

Neviboy,<BR><BR>Just to clarify. Upgrades are given before one gets to the ship. Just have your travel agent call the line about 3 days before you leave and you will know your cabin number.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Dec 5th, 2001, 08:32 PM
travelpower1

Did the Millie over Thanksgiving- Arrived at port at 1130am and was allowed to board- dropped stuff in cabin and went on to top deck to lay in sun and meet friends---By the time we got back to cabin at 4pm ,our bags were in the cabin--Had a great restful day before we sailed (pack a swimsuit in your carry on so you don't need to wait for your luggage....<BR><BR>Arrive 30 min before departure--In this day of terrorism, there is lots of security you pass thru==wouldn't want to risk missing cruise by only giving myself 30 min to clear for entry....

Old Dec 5th, 2001, 08:48 PM
Paul Therault

There are quite a few variables ... no exact science.<BR><BR>I have sailed 72 ships and one never knows when it will be busy and when it will not. I tried many different times to board. Quite often it depends how many buses are arriving at one time from the airport. Some ships, some ports, I have arrived early and found it so crowded I left for a few hours, returned at boarding time and found it just as bad. It's the luck of the draw.<BR><BR>Paul