Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Cruises (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/)
-   -   Does anybody know Crown Cruise Vacations (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/does-anybody-know-crown-cruise-vacations-819422/)

barcellino76 Dec 30th, 2009 08:18 AM

Does anybody know Crown Cruise Vacations

Dear all,
I am looking for a cruise on Queen Victory in the Baltic See. The best offer I got is from Crown Cruise Vacations. Does anybody know this company?

Many thanks Sabine

vickiebypass Dec 30th, 2009 01:25 PM

This is a new agency that I believe is comprised of agents who used to work at Cruise Value Center (the agency went through some difficult times about a year or so ago, due to new owners). The agent I worked w/at CVC was great - I booked about 10 cruises with him, especially Cunard, and he consistently offered the best pricing. After CVC closed, I had to find a new agency and I've been happy with them, so have not booked anything new with my prior agent. However, we've been in touch and he was very honest about the demise of CVC and his new agency. I asked him if they had already developed relationships w/Cunard (to get volume discounts) and he said they were working on it. Sounds like they've gotten there, based on your message!

barcellino76 Jan 3rd, 2010 12:05 PM

Thanks for the fino.

rattravlers Jan 6th, 2010 10:28 AM

Are they based in Princeton, NJ? I think they are who we just used for our Christmas cruise...they had come back with a quote on cruisecompete. The agent was very helpful and everything was just as stated in their quote. I even made a follow up request to purchase a dining package and they were very prompt in their response and took steps to research the new dining package (on NCL) offering they were not yet familiar with. I would not hesitate to book with them again.

NGail Jan 8th, 2010 04:56 PM

My agent of many years went to Crown Cruise from CVC. We just returned from our latest cruise through her (14 of us) and were totally satisfied.

triathlete Jan 10th, 2010 08:43 AM

The above posters are correct. This agency was founded by an ex-Cruise Value Vice President. He was able to take all of the best people out of the old company. I've found them to be very reliable and have great prices. Would not hesistate to recommend them.

HSTERNFAN May 29th, 2012 10:56 AM

I have used them several times. They are very reliable, have great prices and I have always been more than satisfied.

jacketwatch May 29th, 2012 02:57 PM

Well this thread began 2.5 yrs. ago.

HImom Jun 11th, 2012 11:28 AM

Thanks for the reassuring messages. Am considering using them for a trip we're booking this month. Was a bit concerned that the agent I spoke with swore up and down that there were no cabins in the category I wanted but only in the higher priced category. She later corrected herself after I persisted and said it was Princess who mistakenly was looking at 2013 cruise availability not 2012 (not saying it was her mistake).

She was a bit slow at getting answers but did persist at answering all my many questions.