DISNEY WONDER JUST AFTER THANKSGIVING!

Feb 22nd, 2004, 07:51 PM
Original Poster

DISNEY WONDER JUST AFTER THANKSGIVING!

My family and I are excited about our first cruise on Disney. We have the 4 day land /3 day sea (cruise) package leaving Port Canaveral on that last Sunday in November. We hear that the holidays are fantastic and wanted to know If anyone had taken this package during the holidays and what you suggest from everything from things to sea at Disney World to shore excursions in Nassau. It's just my wife and my 11 year old son but it's our first time doing this around the holidays. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!
Feb 22nd, 2004, 08:36 PM

I haven't taken that package but we basically did that on our own. Our favorite thing about Disney World was the Animal Kingdom. I thought it sounded kind of boring but my husband wanted to go, and it was absolutly great. If we had to choose only one place to go, that would be it. Our first cruise stop was Nassau. We took a catamaran snorkeling excursion which was also totally great.
Feb 23rd, 2004, 12:40 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the note about Animal Kingdom,..they say it is really something to see. We were told to snorkel at Castaway Cay. Did you do that one and how was it?
Feb 23rd, 2004, 02:30 PM

From what I remember the catamaran trip had the best snorkeling. I can't remember where it went, but we sailed for about 45 minutes till we came to the place where we snorkeled.
Feb 25th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all your help. The trip is not until November but there is so much to do and we want to detail the activities as much as possible so we don't waste any time. Thanks again for your information! Hope I can return the favor sometime.
Feb 27th, 2004, 03:27 AM

You may want to price out your package separately. Many times with 3 there is a big surcharge. Rooms are sold by the room in Disney, not by the person. You are also sometimes better without the lenght of stay passes if you have a late arrival or early departure. Last year a coworker compared and ended up saving $800 booking separately for 4 (but had more days at the park). Just a thought?
Mar 17th, 2004, 04:20 AM

For great safe snorkeling in Nassau check out a trip with Stuart Cove. at www.stuartcove.com
We took a $35 5 hour snorkeling trip and it was great. 3 stops
Mar 19th, 2004, 12:32 PM

Try Mousesavers.com, she has tons of info on all things Disney, including cruises. Have Fun!