Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page > Disney Cruise Vacation or DisneyWorld both w/children
Notices

Disney Cruise Vacation or DisneyWorld both w/children

Mar 8th, 2012, 06:53 AM
Original Poster

Disney Cruise Vacation or DisneyWorld both w/children

I am looking at going in June 2013 either to Walt Disney World or a Disney Cruise on the Dream to the Bahamas. We are in our late 30's and have 2 children, at that time they will be 8 and 12 (both girls).
We are really interested in princesses, are they on the ship?
Which one do you think? All feedback is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Mar 8th, 2012, 03:31 PM

Have never been on a Disney ship, but why not do a few days each at Disney and a cruise?
Mar 10th, 2012, 08:57 AM

We have three daughters, and have been to Disney several times, and also have been on The Dream. If your daughters have never been to Disney, I would definitely recommend doing the actual parks first. If it's the actual Disney experience you're looking for, the cruise will not compare to actually going to Disney World....complete with all the princesses, hair boutiques for getting their hair done like the princesses, character dining, and of course rides.

However, on The Dream, there are definitely Princesses and other characters. And in true Disney style, everything on the ship is catered to the kids and it is WONDERFUL.

I'd second the above post, and recommend doing both the parks and the cruise. There are package deals where you get 4 days land/3 days sea, etc. I'd go to the park first, then on the cruise where there will be more time to relax.

If you're going in June, go as early in June as possible...it gets really hot and the lines get really long as the summer goes on.

Search this Thread