Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Cruises (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/)
-   -   disembark at Barcelona, last night close to airport (7:55am flight) (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/disembark-at-barcelona-last-night-close-to-airport-7-55am-flight-806958/)

kathcoll Sep 20th, 2009 10:30 AM

disembark at Barcelona, last night close to airport (7:55am flight)

We disembark at Barcelona and are staying close to airport at Sallés Hotel Ciutat del Prat because of a 7:55am flight.
Does anyone know how to get from the port to C10 regional train to El Prat de Llobregat station? I can not find any information on this train line or station.

cldh98 Sep 20th, 2009 03:17 PM

I was told the taxi service in Barcelona was the way to go most understand English? I hope this helps! I'm going on the same trip and was planning to take a taxi to and from the airport.

Flying_Mom Sep 20th, 2009 04:04 PM

We just returned from a Norwegian cruise into Barcelona this morning..... we had a 10AM flight out and disembarked around 7AM to catch a taxi to the airport. The ride is about 25 minutes from the port to the airport and cost approx. 35 euro. They charge an extra 20% on Sundays (which also happens to be cruise day). It was much cheaper than the transportation NCL offered for $40.00 each person each way....

We really enjoyed our cruise last week and hope that you enjoy yours as well!

cldh98 Sep 20th, 2009 07:20 PM

I'm glad to hear you made it to your Hotel. My daughter(21) and I are going in November I would love to know about your trip! The ship,excursions,clothes,ports of call I have been to Italy previously but never given 12 hours to head out and see the sights. Have a safe trip back! I hope you can share your knowledge of the cruise. Thank you,cldh98

TravelinSDman Jun 27th, 2010 05:13 PM

My wife and I are planning a cruise leaving out of Barcelona and we're looking at taking a 10:35 AM return flight out of Barcelona airport the same morning the ship arrives at the cruise terminal at 7:00 AM. This looks like a similar schedule to Flying_Mom's; did you have any troubles making your 10AM flight after disembarking at 7AM? Did you have to make special arrangements with the cruise line to get off ASAP so you could catch your flight? We'll be cruising on Carnival Magic. Thanks (in advance!) for your help!

tajz90 Jun 29th, 2010 10:15 AM

We went on a cruise and needed a night close to the airport afterwards. The hotel we stayed at had transportation to and from airport provided. Check the hotel. We also used a taxi at the beginning of the cruise and the taxi ripped us off. They immediately charged us more for being "foriegn". :)

sunlover Apr 4th, 2011 09:29 AM

Also doing Carnival MAgic. It gets back to port of Barcvelona on a sunday morning 7am not sure what the getting off process will be like. I have booked cruise but not flights yet. Can I book a flight back that same day we get back to port and if so what approx time? WE will be using frequent flyer miles from Delta for the plane tickets so I assume our options will be more limited. . . .