Reload this Page >

Destiny NIGHTMARE

Search

Destiny NIGHTMARE

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 04:45 PM
Jenny

Destiny NIGHTMARE

I'm curious if anyone else has had a horrible experience with Carnival and the Destiny. My husband and I booked a category 12 cabin and we were very disappointed with the service. Upon arrival, we weren't shown any of the amenitys of the cabin and every time we tried to find our Steward he was nowhere to be found. <BR>On day two, we returned from St John to find two maintenance men in our suite ... and one was using the bathroom with the door OPEN! No apologies were given. <BR> <BR>Day four and five, we were without out water in our cabin for the majority of the day and night. I couldn't believe the amount maintenance being done on this ship while passengers where aboard! <BR> <BR>And our luggage ... oh boy. Carnival misplaced our luggage and we didn't receive if for almost 4 WEEKS! And when we did receive it ... it arrived COD! <BR> <BR>I have written a letter to the CEO of Carnival and have yet to hear a response. <BR> <BR>I'm anxious to hear if anyone else out there has had a similar experience. <BR> <BR>Thank you! <BR> <BR>Jenny <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 09:43 PM
ERIC

This sounds like a case that you should write to: CONDE NAST TRAVELER'S OMBUDSMAN. This column helps travelers with sticky situations where the travel company doesn't do their job! I would bet that Carnival would want to please you just to get positive advertising in this travel magazine. Especially after reading the problems they have on this travel thread.

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 04:15 AM
Sally

Paul??????

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 11:23 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Dear Sally, <BR> <BR>I wrote a very detailed post to Jenny on another forum. <BR> <BR>I know she will receive re-imbursement for her C.O.D. and will also will receive credit vouchers for another cruise no matter who she addressed her letter to. I can not predict the amount of the vouchers. <BR> <BR>Hopefully she will post here when she receives the above. <BR> <BR>Most of her complaints were legitimate. <BR> <BR>Paul

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 08:00 AM
David

A miracle! <BR>Paul declares a complaint about Carnival to be legitimate. Guess there's a first time for everything.

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 09:05 AM
xxxx

Can't be Paul, must be an imposter. The real Paul would have told her that she was mistaken, and that Carnival's service is great. <BR> <BR>If Canival's service was so great they never would have sent her luggage c.o.d. in the first place. Also, if Canival is so great why is there more than 10 different posts relating to Carnival's lack of service on this web site at any given time. <BR> <BR>This cruise line is like a Ford Explorer. Some people swear by them, but the majority of people are finding out they're nothing but trouble.

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 12:14 PM
Dale

Come on Paul, surely she did something wrong to have deserved this. Shouldn't she have known that category 12 cabins are always used as crew restrooms?

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 12:53 PM
Whoa!!!

Come on ease up folks, you're starting to look and smell like buzzards homing in on fresh road kill.Simple(easy) question/simple(stupid)answers,give it a rest will ya !!!!

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 10:40 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>What the heck, I give this one more shot ..... this forum really brings out the weirdos. <BR> <BR>To David, XXX and Dale ..... You are either ignorant, dense or both. <BR> <BR>I have said this at least ten times or more. I will asddress anyone that has a legitiment complaint (any ship, any cruise line). The reason why there are so many comments concerning Carnival is due to Carnival being the largest compnay in the world and carries the most passengers. It stands to reason Carnival will field the most negative and positive complaints. <BR> <BR>I have been in the industry for quite some time and have sailed 70 cruises. I know when people have not sailed on a ship or cruise line and make negative comments. They either hear a story from someone and are repeating it incorrectly or they just like to stir up trouble, or both. Simple. <BR> <BR>You three do not aggravate me, which which may or may not be your intention. But I will tend to think of you as ..... please re-read my second paragraph. <BR> <BR>Paul

Old Jun 23rd, 2001, 04:25 AM
xxxx

Paul in your own words you are an idiot! <BR>You never address the issues. You always skirt around the edges with some ambiguous bs answer. <BR> <BR>On one of your other posts you state that all these people can't have been on ships and talk in generalizations. How specific do people need to be to let you know this cruise line is below sub par. now you say it's is because they are so big. Who cares if they're big small or in between. The FACT IS: That the majority of posts on this cruise site do not like CCL because of they're incompetence. They ignore the people around them and don't listen to their comments. Kinda' like you! Hmmm! There might be something here! Do us a favor and go on a cruise so we can get a break.

Old Jun 23rd, 2001, 11:21 PM
Paul Therault

Dear xxxxx No Name,<BR><BR>Please read the Caption: "Was I on the Wrong Cruise Line?"<BR><BR>The reviews are accurate. They are defending Carnival. Go after them!<BR><BR>Paul