Dec. 2000 Cruise - Enchantment of the Sea

Sep 23rd, 2000, 11:05 AM
Debbie

Dec. 2000 Cruise - Enchantment of the Sea

We will be cruising with our kids (9 & 10) and friends with kids (7 & 13). Our ports are Cozumel,Mexico George Town,Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Can anyone suggest what excursions we should book or if we should just go off on our own. If we should go on our own, what should we do. Thanks for your input. Debbie

Sep 23rd, 2000, 12:53 PM
bruce

Debbie, get a guide book for caribbean cruise ports of call. There are several. Go to a large book store and browse the travel section and you'll see what I'm writing about. You can find ones by the big name travel guides like Fodors and Frommers, as well as guides by individual authors.
I'm going in Dec onboard the Grandeur and the books have helped me get prepared

Good luck, Bruce

Sep 24th, 2000, 04:18 PM
Ginger

Do Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios--I think most who have done it will agree it's a hoot. Bring along REALLY cheap canvas tennis shoes for this event, believe me, you won't be sorry to spend the extra $5.00 a person!

Sep 27th, 2000, 08:22 AM
Paige

I'll second the Dunn's River Falls recommendation and add the Sting Ray excursion in Grand Cayman. Your kids will love both.

Oct 8th, 2000, 04:30 PM
frank

Debbie; My family and I took the same loop on the Enchantment a year and a half ago. The ship was beautiful. In Ocho Rios you can rent shoes at the falls for $5. They will try to sell you shoes on the ship (especially the night before) for a much higher price. DO NOT BUY THEM. Also at Grand Caymans, you can take the same "stingray" tour (even better, the one we took not only took us to the stingrays, but also to the reef to snorkle) for half the price! They are all at the dock waiting for you. This is true for Jamaica as well. Just grab a taxi to the falls. We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise, but did feel a little "hustled" at times. Frank