Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Cruises (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/)
-   -   Days at sea...... (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/days-at-sea-211055/)

Anne May 1st, 2002 09:21 AM

Days at sea......

We will be having four days at sea and we are wondering what is there to do during that time? I know they have a craft class every afternoon, and bingo, but is that really all there is to do during the day? How do YOU fill you your days at sea?

RB May 1st, 2002 09:35 AM

We sleep in; then have lunch, then pool or movies/TV if not sunny, cocktails, dinner, show, more cocktails. Massage definitely a must, and perhaps one fitness class.

Kira May 1st, 2002 09:54 AM

Sleep, eat, walk the deck, sunbathe, swim, shuffleboard, dance lessons, bingo, tour talks, trivia challenges, read a book from the library, gamble, take in a napkin folding lesson, watch ice sculpters create masterpieces with giant ice blocks, take in a show, listen to the band/orchestra practice, take a tour of the ship, sleep again, watch a movie, shop in the onboard boutiques, learn how to play blackjack/poker, watch the kitchen staff carve amazing animals out of fruitws and veges, socialize, write post cards, walk the deck again...just relax....there is so much stuff to do while at sea...enjoy!

shark May 1st, 2002 11:28 AM

SUNTAN

Paul Therault May 1st, 2002 10:59 PM

<BR>Terrific advice Kara.

Parrot Mom May 2nd, 2002 03:51 AM

Days at sea are the best..I agree with Kira.. but I'd like to add art auctions where you can besides pick up a nice little piece for your house (instead of t-shirts) but get an art education and maybe win a print..

Peter May 2nd, 2002 05:44 AM

Kira - I'd add the games/events that the cruise staff put on for the sea days like pitching ping pong balls into rings in the pool, family feud, basketball shoot outs, etc. They help involve your kids if they're along with you.<BR><BR>And Poul, if you're not going to add anything with your posts, at least get Kira's name right.

Ron May 2nd, 2002 07:38 AM

Peter--if you are going to continue to lambast Paul---at least get his name right!!

Peter May 2nd, 2002 08:02 AM

Gee Ron, I wonder how that happened!

Ron May 2nd, 2002 08:21 AM

Peter--what took you so long to reply?<BR>I was waiting for you. Yes, I know you <BR>purposely misspelled Paul's name.That was obvious.<BR>Boy how little we have to do with our time.I need to do something constructive<BR>like check on another cruise. <BR>Take it easy on Paul--not everyone is as perfect,smart,wise,witty,charming,rich and well travelled as you and I.

Ron May 3rd, 2002 07:44 PM

Peter--Peter--Peter!! What oh what shall we do with you??<BR>You hopped on Pauls case about spelling Kira's name with an a(Kara)--now look what you have done.<BR>On another board Paul had posted a short response to a question--you came right behind him, got in your dig in the first sentence--proceeded to give your long response and made (horror of horrors)no less than 3--check it out folks-3 spelling errors!!!<BR>We can't have you as the official critic of Paul if you are going to continue in this fashion. You must stop it!!