Day in Port on Aruba

Jan 20th, 2001, 04:33 AM
Reeni

Day in Port on Aruba

My husband and I will be visiting Aruba on our upcoming RCCL Southern Caribbean cruise. Does anyone know if any of the hotels offer day use of their facilities--chairs, towels, pool, floats, their beach? If not is there an independent stand that would rent these items?
Thanks for the help!

Jan 20th, 2001, 03:43 PM
karen

Hi Reeni: Go to the Holiday Inn and walk along the board walk until you find an area you like. Palm Beach is a public beach and you will find somewhere to put your stuff. there are all kinds of watersports available from this area as well as beach bars ect. Also the area of Manchebo beach is nice and you'd find somewhere there to lounge. Been to Aruba twice and never had a problem,Karen

Jan 20th, 2001, 05:36 PM
James

Reeni,
I would find a cab and head straight to the Hyatt, we stayed at the Hyatt last summer and it was hands down the nicest resort on the island. The only place they were checking for guest I.D. on the property was at the top of the waterslide at the pool. The beach out front is absolutely beatiful with every kind of water sport imaginable. Have a great time .

JB

Jan 21st, 2001, 01:42 PM
oscar

Dear Reeni, We are fans of Aruba and go there often. It is not really necessary to rent chairs, because they are readily available on the beaches next to the hotels and resorts. What are limited are the towels and of course you can always take them with you in your bag. Next to the major hotels, both the low-rise and the high-rise (two different locations) you can find access streets to the beaches. Eagle Beach, where Aruba Beach Resort and Costa Linda are, is great and much nearer town (these are low-rise). You can take the bus there which leaves the bus terminal very near your ship in Orangestaat. The one-way ticket costs $1.25 and the round-fare $2.00 (you can pay in US, but specify return ticket and ask for the return transfer). The beaches at the high-rise where the Hyatt and Marriott are have more natural shade due to more palms on the beach. I would recommend them more (same bus, same fare). Have a nice time, because Aruba is great.

Search this Thread