Cruising in May of 2002

Dec 26th, 2001, 07:10 AM
Jeff Rowe

Cruising in May of 2002

My wife and I have never been on a crusie before. We will be going May, 2002 aboard RCCL Monarch of the Seas. Itinerary - 5 nights going to Cozumel and Grand Cayman. As we have not cruised before, what should we be on the lookout for and what are some helpful hints/tips.

Dec 26th, 2001, 08:47 AM
Cathy

Jeff:
Log onto the message boards at [email protected], introduce yourselves as first time cruisers and ask away! This board is comprised of some "lurkers", some first-time cruisers and lots of repeat cruise-nuts (hence the name of the board). You can read the posts and write a post. They happily answer questions and you will receive excellent advice and information. The website is very informative, too. Have fun planning!

Dec 26th, 2001, 01:31 PM
Theresa

Hi Jeff,

The "thing to do" in Grand Caymen is to snorkel with the Stingrays at Stingray City.

Many people have booked it independently of the cruise line because it is cheaper and you get better service. Most people use Captain Marvin at www.captainmarvins.com

He is excellent and I strongly recommend him. If you mention his name on other cruise boards - you will hear many praises for him.

Dec 30th, 2001, 12:00 PM
JasonH

Definitely do Stingray City in the Caymen's. It is the best trip ever.

Would also recommend Captain Marvins. Her service is excellent and it is not as crowded as the ships excursion.

Cozumel is a great shopping city - also has great snorkeling. Let us know what you are interested in.

Jan 6th, 2002, 02:38 PM
Catherine

We just returned from the Monarch of the Seas and was impressed at how beautiful it was considering how old it is. Since we are going on Celebrity's Galaxy out of Baltimore this May we didn't do any shore excursions. Just relaxed. We went to a wedding on the Monarch and stayed for the cruise since it went so low in cost.

Jan 8th, 2002, 09:17 PM
Kathy

We went to Grand Cayman on Splendor of The Seas in 97. The best time we had was walking through the town and we walked the entire legnth of 7 mile beach. We swam in the ocean and had lunch at one of the hotels. It was our favorite port.

Feb 16th, 2002, 11:31 AM
C. Web

My wife and I just returned from a five day cruise aboard the Monarch, our first ever cruise. It exceeded all expectations. The biggest surprise was the genuinely good service we received throughout the entire process. This was the Cozumel/Grand Cayman itinerary and our only complaint was not enough time in port. No one bugged us to buy drinks (we brought our own alcohol on board) and the food, especially in the main dining room was awesome. The evening entertainment was great as well, again, better than we expected. This ship is ten years old but that never was a factor for us. Enjoy!