Reload this Page >

Cruises to Easter Island or Galapagos

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 12:28 PM
Roger

Are there any cruises to either the Galapagos Islands or Easter Island? Any cruise that includes both?

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 10:51 AM
Patrick

Check Princess. I vaguely remember an Easter Island reference, and I'm almost certain they have a S. America itinerary that includes the Galapagos. <BR><BR>Pat.

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 11:12 AM
Mary

I think that in order to get to the Galapagos Islands you have to use a ship that goes out of Ecuador. There are strict restrictions as to how many people are on these islands. Therefore, it is very doubtful that Princess ships would be allowed to visit these islands

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 05:44 PM
Jeanette

It's not doubtful. It's impossible for Princess ships, or any mainstream cruiseline to visit the Galapagos. The maximum number of passengers per ship is 100. Period. Most of the ships only carry about 20 passengers. <BR><BR>This is a protected area,environmentally speaking. Most of the islands could not even hold 2000+ passengers!<BR><BR>I haven't a clue about Easter Island being a cruise ship port. Try a google.com search.

Old Aug 10th, 2002, 01:39 AM
yep

Windjammer has acquired a new ship, the Carib Trader, that is making a 63 day repositioning cruise from Tahiti to Miami for it's refit. It is stopping at both the Galapagos and Easter Island.

Old Aug 10th, 2002, 10:04 PM
Louvre

Try Lindblad Expeditions. They have an 80 passenger vessel, The Polaris, that sails year round to the Galapagos.

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 12:59 PM
nancy

Holland AMerica used to offer a pre cruise trip to easter Island on their South AMerican cruises in January, Feb. I do not know if they still do. Easter Island belongs to Chile and is some 2000 miles west off the coast...