Cruises out of northeast cities?

May 13th, 2003, 08:39 AM
Original Poster

Cruises out of northeast cities?

I've never cruised before but we're thinking of a cruise this summer (late August) instead of a beach vacation. I've heard of cruises based out of NYC, Boston, Philly and Baltimore during the summer. If you drive to those cities, where do you park (and what to expect to pay for parking)? What cruise lines are better than others? We would be travelling with our two teenage sons. Are there certain cruise lines that are more kid/teen friendly than others? Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.
May 13th, 2003, 10:33 AM

Driving to Boston there is a parking garage for $10.00 per day(or it was last year). We are going out of NYC this year and our son is driving us to Providence to pick up a bus which for fee will take us directly to the dock and the ship. It depends now on where you want to go, Bermuda or the Caribbean.. There are several ships leaving those areas that will be doing the New England/Canada itinerary also. As to what line for you and your teens mostlines have teen programs.
May 14th, 2003, 12:16 PM

There is parking at the port of Baltimore. I think it is $10 per day. Carnival is great for teens.They hang out in the disco even if they don't dance and in the Karaoke lounge even if they don't sing. Who has the rock climbing wall and the ice rink-Royal Carribean? That sounds nice.
May 14th, 2003, 01:55 PM

Understand they ar adding the rock climbing wall to more of the RCI ships, don't hear anything about their ice skating rinks and of course they have the mini golf courses.. HAve just read that Carnival will be adding another ship to Baltimore..
May 15th, 2003, 03:03 PM

There is parking at the Philly dock also. I think it is about 10.00 per day.
May 17th, 2003, 01:24 PM

Just received my cruise docs on friday, they state parking at the Baltimore port is $7.00 per day-cash up front! We are booked on Celebrity's Galaxy for 6/9/03.