Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Cruises (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/)
-   -   Cruiseline's responsibility for customer injury (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/cruiselines-responsibility-for-customer-injury-1032656/)

wiscwolf Dec 23rd, 2014 06:44 AM

Cruiseline's responsibility for customer injury

I broke a dental bridge on a piece of over cooked and dried out meat on board the Legend of the Seas. RCCL refuses to accept any responsibility for my broken dental bridge. What re-course do I have?

abram Dec 23rd, 2014 01:16 PM

If your bridge could break just from eating meat, I wonder if the bridge was just about ready to break anyway. I wouldn't hold the cruiseline responsible.

jacketwatch Dec 23rd, 2014 01:34 PM

Well first of all sorry this happened. It had to be disappointing to have this happen especially while on vacation.

However you were not injured. just inconvenienced.

You posted elsewhere on Fodors that it was a spare rib which of course has a bone. Could it have been that you bit into the bone by mistake?

In any case proving it was their fault is impossible I think. I know bridges are costly. Do you have dental insurance?

Good luck but this one comes out of your pocket.

Eschew Dec 24th, 2014 01:12 PM

First time poster, posted 2 identical posts on really old threads. Probably won't be back.

jacketwatch Dec 25th, 2014 04:08 AM

Hello E. I think you are correct, this poster won't be back and just wanted to slam the cruise line which is futile. They will still be in business. How was the cruise and merry Xmas!! :)

Cathinjoetown Dec 25th, 2014 08:17 AM

Recourse? NONE!

Eschew Dec 25th, 2014 04:38 PM

Larry, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

The ports and sights are amazing, still humming and hawing over a TR or not. Christmas and New Year is pretty busy time of the year in both work and personal life.

jacketwatch Dec 27th, 2014 06:08 AM

It's up to you but a TR would be nice if U can find the time. Please. :).

annhig Dec 29th, 2014 01:20 PM

On Christmas Eve, I broke off the top of a filling on a tongue sandwich I made myself and consequently had a pretty uncomfortable Christmas.

who'm I'm going to sue?

the tongue?

Eschew Dec 29th, 2014 03:56 PM

annhig, You can try to sue yourself and see if your liability insurance will cover it! :D

annhig Dec 30th, 2014 02:00 AM

good plan, Eschew, only I don't think that I can afford my fees!

rncheryl Jan 17th, 2015 08:15 PM

A plug for Celebrity. I tripped over my own flip flop walking down the corridor (it was noon and I had NOT been drinking!).Went on a snorkel trip and after 2-3 hours, my foot was bruised and swollen. To my horror, I had to have a wheelchair meet me at Margaritaville to go back to the ship.

Since I had tripped in the ship, all of my medical care (xrays, doctor evaluation, Ace wraps, medications) were covered by the cruise line.

jacketwatch Jan 18th, 2015 06:13 AM

Very good, as they should do and it increases the possibility that X will get a return customer.