We are going to be on a 5 night Royal Caribbean cruise this summer that has 2 nights in St. Petersburg, Russia. We aren't really interested in the cruise lines shore excursions, partly since they appear to rush through key sites and focus on shopping.
The options we are looking at are contacting local agencies so they can arrange the "blanket" visa and customize a tour for us or perhaps applying for tourist visas on our own. I have read a few of the other posts and see a few agencies like DenRus and Red October that have received good reviews, but they seem to be a bit pricey. Is there an expectation that quoted prices are "final" or is bargaining expected? (I want to be sensitive, yet I plan on contacting several agencies.)
Assuming we try to get tourist visas on our own, just how daunting is the visa process? Also, how challenging is getting around St. Petersburg and what are the public transportation/taxi options from the port where Royal Caribbean docks their ship?
Also, how easily can I use my ATM card overseas to obtain Rubles?
Thanks for any insights.
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 AOL Online + 1800/681/7208 Password recovery CONTACT AOL tec*h SUP0RT 24by7
- 2 AOL Online + 1800/681/7208 Password recovery CONTACT AOL tec*h SUP0RT 24by7
- 3 Antarctica Cruise--Zegrahm or Lindblad and time to go
- 4 Transfer from Fiumicino to Civitavecchia
- 5 Almost serious
- 6 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 7 Antarctica Quark Expedition Travel Report
- 8 Best Place to Purchase Cruises
- 9 UNIWORLD River Boat Cruise on the Danube, Budapest to Prague
- 10 National Geographic Quest
- 11 Azamara Journey New Zealand Tours Available
- 12 Considering a first-time Caribbean cruise..
- 13 Mississippi River Cruise
- 14 Time to Explore St Petersburg
- 15 roommate wanted
- 16 Just back from an NCL East Med & Greek isles Cruise! Any ?
- 17 Mediterranean cruise- first week of May?
- 18 Danube River Cruise - agent
- 19 Multi generation Alaska cruise
- 20 Seeking Cozumel Advice
- 21 Costa Maya beach
- 22 Scenic cruise advice
- 23 Small Ship Alaska
- 24 Seabourn Alaska Cruise
- 25 Viking consumer beware
Cruise with 2 nights in St. Petersburg. Local tour or go solo?