Reload this Page >

Cruise rookie, please help!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 04:23 PM
Wanda

Hi all you experienced cruisers!1 <BR> <BR>Going on my first cruise - yipee! <BR> <BR>I am concerned about being sea-sick. I have heard that picking a cabin midship, low is the way to go? What would any of you advise? <BR> <BR>When do I pick my shore excursions? What if I don't like my dinner seating assginment? <BR> <BR>Also - what does Princess offer vs. Holland America? Which would you pick and why? <BR> <BR>I really appreciate all this expertise on the board, it is so great! <BR> <BR>Thanks!!

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 04:50 PM
Sue

<BR>Wanda, I would not worry about seasickness, it is uncommon. I've had cabins all over however since I don't ever experience seasickness I may not be a good judge. I can't really tell a difference altho what you have been told makes sense. <BR> <BR>Excursions can sell out so decide prior to your cruise and book early. <BR> <BR>I'm wondering how old you are and if you are going alone or with another female or a guy or...that would make a difference as to which cruise line I would recommend. <BR> <BR>Since cruise ships are not usually full it should be easy to change your table if you would like. <BR> <BR>Have fun

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 06:04 PM
Gail

If you're worried about seasickness, take some Bonine. My sister gets sick easily and has never been sick on a cruise if she took the Bonine first. <BR>Depending on where you're cruising it's sometimes a LOT less expensive to go off on your own instead of booking an excursion through the ship. Where are you going??

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 05:29 AM
Robin

Hi Wanda, <BR> <BR>If you're under 50 I would NOT recommend Holland--go for Princess--either the Golden or Grand (very big ships with good variety of entertainment and a great disco.

Old Oct 26th, 2001, 03:41 PM
tracey

HAL definitely caters to an older group. Princess caters to lots of ages (young and old). <BR> <BR>I would not worry about sea sickness. Just pick any cabin. If you are worried - bring bonine or have your doctor give you a patch. <BR> <BR>I love Princess but have not sailed HAL yet.