Cruise Occupancy Rates

Oct 7th, 2001, 09:20 AM
Larry

Cruise Occupancy Rates

I am booked for a January cruise in the Caribbean. However, I am concerned that there will be a lot of cancellations, turning the cruise into a ride on a "ghost ship". That would decrease the enjoyment of a cruise quite a bit. Do you know where I can get stats on normal occupancy rates as compared to current numbers? Or, in general, does anyone have info on how hard the cruise ships have been hit by the events of 9/11 and after.

Oct 7th, 2001, 12:21 PM
Sue

Since you don't say which line you are on, it's hard to answer your question. However, a "ghost ship" sounds good to me. With 3 nite cruises going to $199 and 7 nite cruises $399 I don't think any are empty. My cruise in Nov is sold out. Call your cruise line and try to get a cabin in every catagory and see what they tell you, that will give you an idea. Or checking sites like VacationsToGo.com will also give you an idea. After Sept 11 they had "reduced again' on several cruises. Also if you check recent cruises you will see how many and maybe yours, are now sold out.