Notices

cruise line/"group" rooms

Oct 5th, 1999, 06:44 AM
Fred Crouch

cruise line/"group" rooms

We are planning an Alaska cruise for my mom's 80th in August 2000 - I know this is "prime" cruise time in Alaska - at least as far as prices go - so despite all the comments about upgrades, I'm wondering if that would occur during those months. Also, because of cruises in Caribbean, we are concentrating on RCl or Princess but I am leaning towards Princess because of the Vancouver/Seward option rather than just an Inside Passage round trip. Does anyone have any experience with family suites on either of these cruise lines? (there will be 8 adults) We can only do a week's trip so don't imagine we can include any land portion of the tour. Any advice, suggestions, experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.

Oct 6th, 1999, 11:33 PM
Paul Therault

Dear Fred,

I am a travel agent and have been to Alaska twice. Hollland is the most experienced (my 1st choice). Princess next (their new train coaches have arrived. But, then again, you only have 7 days.

In any event, do not take the round trip.....you miss a lot. Little more expensive to go Northbound or Southbound but well worth the extra money.

Make sure the ship you choose sails either Prince William Sound or Glacier Bay.

Book your suite early since they sell the fastest. In any event, get a cabin with a window or balcony.

Your travel agent shoud have a wealth of info for you.

Paul

Oct 13th, 1999, 01:50 PM
Denise

Princess Cruises does not offer Family Suites like Royal Caribbean does. The largest Suites only accommodate up to three people on Princess. Whereas, Royal Caribbean ships offer the Royal Family Suite which can accommodate up to 8 people.

The Voyage of the Glacier Cruise is wonderful! I took the Sun Princess last year Northbound and enjoyed it very much. It doesn't cost more than the Inside Passage Cruise, especially if you go on the Sun or Dawn Princess. If you would like more information information feel free to e-mail me or visit my web-site: www.cruisealaska.com

Search this Thread